Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
griffiths911
thanks for your answer good suit these avon, and my comments about the multirole crew on rn units are rigth, on ara or pna are the same.
kind regards
bagre

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
griffiths911
thanks for your answer good suit these avon, and my comments about the multirole crew on rn units are rigth, on ara or pna are the same.
kind regards
bagre

Thanks bagre. I understood what you were saying but had to check.

Regards friend.

Ken.:cheers2:

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
La última parte a groso modo dice que es una foto tomada desde el Hermes, de una demostración que hicieron. Los marineros de la Cardiff le dispararon a una bengala para demostrarle a los del Hermes lo que eran capaces y hacerlos sentir mas seguros.
La concentración de fuego que se ve es asombrosa.

HMS Coventry hundida. Nos adaptamos.

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
griffith911
another question:
our former pna/coast guard ship go to uk on sailing or onboard the dan lifter?
otra pregunta
nuestra lancha ex-pna fue llevada a uk navegando o a bordo del dan lifter?
kind regards
bagre

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
bagre,

I do not know how GC82 went to the UK.

Ken.

Please everyone, call me Ken. My name is Kenneth Ian Griffiths.

Ken.

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
well, ken
we named gol charlie (quebec code) at these patrol vessels, our crew (gc82 islas malvinas) figth against a chopper (sea king) on early days in may '82, i promese send a tale about these action soon.
bien, ken
nosotros llamabamos gol charli (por el codigo quebec) a esa clase de patrulleros, nuestra tripulación (del gc82 islas malvinas) lucho contra un helicoptero sea king en los primeros dias de mayo dl 82, te prometo mandar la historia de esas acciones proximamente.
kind regards
bagre

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
A shopkeeper in Puerto Argentino. 1982 and 2007. What exactly did this sign say?

Marcantilan

Colaborador
Colaborador
A shopkeeper in Puerto Argentino. 1982 and 2007. What exactly did this sign say?

Hi Ken,

The sign says:

"For order of the military governor, is strictly forbidden to all military personnel to enter or buy anything in the city´s shops"

Mmm, the cashier looked ggod back in 1982. It looks like she doesn´t pass the test of time...

Regards!
Mariano

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
well, ken
we named gol charlie (quebec code) at these patrol vessels, our crew (gc82 islas malvinas) figth against a chopper (sea king) on early days in may '82, i promese send a tale about these action soon.
bien, ken
nosotros llamabamos gol charli (por el codigo quebec) a esa clase de patrulleros, nuestra tripulación (del gc82 islas malvinas) lucho contra un helicoptero sea king en los primeros dias de mayo dl 82, te prometo mandar la historia de esas acciones proximamente.
kind regards
bagre

Share with us my friend. We want to hear.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Hi Ken,

The sign says:

"For order of the military governor, is strictly forbidden to all military personnel to enter or buy anything in the city´s shops"

Mmm, the cashier looked ggod back in 1982. It looks like she doesn´t pass the test of time...

Regards!
Mariano

Ha ha..in 1982 she looks hot. Now let me think, 2007 with four litres of beer. maybe? ha ha ha

gabotdf

Miembro notable
Make it eight. Four before romance and the rest for the next day, when you wake up and realize what you did last night.
Unfortunately, you can't see bottles in the background anymore. Massive disadvantage.

By the way, time is unrelenting. I completly lost my weight battle. :banghead: :banghead:
Not your case, Ken. Look in pretty good shape.

Que sean 8. 4 antes del romance y el resto para el día siguiente, cuando te despertás y te das cuenta de lo que hiciste la noche anterior.
Desgraciadamente no se ven más botellas detrás. Enorme desventaja
Por cierto, el tiempo es inexorable. Yo perdí por completo mi batalla con el peso :banghead: :banghead:
No es tu caso, Ken. Te ves en buena forma.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Let's not get on to the weight battle problem. I cycle 9 miles a day to work. Have a banana for breakfast. Every time I walk past my bedroom mirror the man looking back screams at me "You Fat B*****d!

Nice being with you guys.

gabotdf

Miembro notable
[/COLOR]
Ha ha..in 1982 she looks hot. Now let me think, 2007 with four litres of beer. maybe? ha ha ha
ja ja, En 1982 estaba buena. Ahora, dejame pensar. 2007 con 4 litros de cerveza, tal vez? ja ja ja

Ken, she doesn't look hot even after drinking 4 litres of Jet-A1!!!!
Ken, es no es linda ni que te tomes 4 litros de Jet-A1

Any port in a storm my friend.:smilielol5:
Cualquier puerto es bueno en una tormenta, amigo mío

Let's not get on to the weight battle problem. I cycle 9 miles a day to work. Have a banana for breakfast. Every time I walk past my bedroom mirror the man looking back screams at me "You Fat B*****d!
Nice being with you guys.
Mejor no nos metamos con la batalla del peso. Yo hago 9 millas diarias en bici rumbo al trabajo. Desayuno una banana. Cada vez que paso por delante del espejo en mi dormitorio el hombre del espejo me dice "gordo b...."
Qué agradable es estar con ustedes

Phantom_II

Colaborador
Any port in a storm my friend.:smilielol5:

Or, as we use to say here... "In time of war, every hole it's a foxhole!!":biggrinjester:

Now, returning to the 82's action, do you have, in the HMS Cardiff, any submarine alarm or any kind of antisub warfare/patrol/ events, etc?

Nice to be here with you guys too! and thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with us!

----------------------------------

O, como decimos por aqui: "en tiempo de guerra, cualquier agujero es trinchera!"

Ahora, retornando a las acciones del 82, tuvieron uds. en el HMS Cardiff algun alerta antisubmarino o alguna clase de guerra/patrulla o evento antisub?

Cheers!/Saludos!

jimmytx3

British War Veteran
Jimmy que buen video te felicito por el trabajo, la verdad por lo que veo la edad de los muertos en la campaña no dista mucho de la de nuestros combatiente, es un honor que puedas compartir estas cosas en el foro.
Una pregunta dada la edad de estos soldados.
cual era la edad minima para entrar al PARA3. Desde ya agradecere tu respuesta
ernan Rami.
por favor a quien corresponda ojala lo puedan traducir
Hi, The age you can join the battalion is 17, but they usually do not let go to war at that age, i think regulations have now changed, they would keep you on the camp doing guard duty till you reached the age of 18.
i hope this helps, bye for now Jimmy :cheers2:

gabotdf

Miembro notable
That was after the HMS Coventry sinking? The sinking strike in the fleet confidence?
Ken
Royal Navy has a long tradition of overcoming difficult situations. Was there a event or situation that shaked that confidence? Did you (Task Force) feel victory may slip? Under what circumstances?

La RN tiene una larga tradición de superar situaciones difíciles. ¿Hubo algún momento o situación que hiciera temblar esa confianza? ¿Sintieron en algún momento que se les podía escapar la victoria? ¿En qué circunstancias?

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
A good question.

No, I do not remember any time when I was concerned that we may not win. That is not to say I did not fear for my own life at times. The type 42 community was very close and the loss of Sheffield and Coventry affected us greatly in Cardiff, mostly with sadness I think.

gabotdf

Miembro notable
Ken dice:\Buena pregunta.
No, no recuerdo haber estado preocupado por ser derrotados. Eso no quiere decir que no tuve miedo por mi vida en ocasiones. La comunidad de las tipo 42 era muy unida y la pérdida del Sheffield y Coventry afectó mucho al Cardiff, creo que en general nos apenó