Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

gabotdf

Miembro notable
Hot chicks and cold beer. :yonofui:
Now seriusly, I was thinking about your ship dealing several tasks, NGS, C130 and exocets?
Were you aware of the ITB (Instalación de Tiro Berreta, the improvised exocet launcher)
I'll post some photos later.
Regards
Gabo

Chicas y cerveza
Ahora en serio, pensaba en tu barco lidiando con múltiples tareas, bombadeo a posiciones terrestres, derribar los C130 ¿y exocets?¿Estaban al tanto de la ITB?
Postearé fotos luego
Saludos

Willypicapiedra

Miembro del Staff
Moderador
Debe ser una mezcla de asombro y simpatia al igual que cuando vieron el tractor con las coheteras de Pucará encima a modo de lanzachoetes multiple movil y otra fija en un gallinero.

Una criollada !!!

Willy

Here is a video i have put together,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfU2h-RGP1A

Jimmy que buen video te felicito por el trabajo, la verdad por lo que veo la edad de los muertos en la campaña no dista mucho de la de nuestros combatiente, es un honor que puedas compartir estas cosas en el foro.
Una pregunta dada la edad de estos soldados.
cual era la edad minima para entrar al PARA3. Desde ya agradecere tu respuesta
ernan Rami.
por favor a quien corresponda ojala lo puedan traducir

g lock

Colaborador
Tornado, modiqué un poco la traducción que posteaste. Fijate ahora...

Tornado, I modify a bit your traslate on your post. Try now

Gentlemen, You are making history... Good, Very good for both Nations!!

British Users, are you Very Welcome, our home is your home... I'm glad to see you here, partners!!

All the best for everyone!!

Caballeros, están haciendo historia... Bien!! Muy bueno para ambas Naciones!!

Miembros Británicos, sean Ustedes muy bienvenidos, nuestra casa es vuestra casa... Estamos complacidos de verlos aquí, compañeros!!

Todo lo mejor para todos!!

gabotdf

Miembro notable
willipicapiedra wrote:
Must have been a mixture astonishment and affection when you saw a tractor with a Pucará multiple rocket launcher on the top, or the other launcher over the hen house
Typical argentine thing.
PD: not so sure about translation accuracy. Kind of slang and my lack of english: bad mixture :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Herrny wrote
Jimmy, congratulations on your video, nice work. I noticed that british casualties age is not that far from ours. It's an honour for us that you share this video.
Which is the minimum age to be able to join 3 PARA
Thanks in advance
Hernan Rami.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Hot chicks and cold beer. :yonofui:
Now seriusly, I was thinking about your ship dealing several tasks, NGS, C130 and exocets?
Were you aware of the ITB (Instalación de Tiro Berreta, the improvised exocet launcher)
I'll post some photos later.
Regards
Gabo

Chicas y cerveza
Ahora en serio, pensaba en tu barco lidiando con múltiples tareas, bombadeo a posiciones terrestres, derribar los C130 ¿y exocets?¿Estaban al tanto de la ITB?
Postearé fotos luego
Saludos

Yes we were aware of it and stayed clear!

I found a web site a few years ago that showed a letter written by Lt. Tinkler's mother addressed to the officer who made the exocet trailer combination work. In it she forgave him for killing her son. It was very moving.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
RAF Wessex bringing stores to Cardiff. Ascension Island.

A very young Griffiths911.

The Bristol group nearing the Total Exclusion Zone (TEZ).

Our turn to take fuel from the tanker RFA Olna.

HMS Avenger.

HMS Andromeda. We did not know at the time that her Seawolf missile system did not work.

HMS Invincible 7 July 1982.

HMS Cardiff full speed to get back on picket duty.

Puerto Mitre (Port Howard) 15 June 1982.

HMS Cardiff and a good no flying day 1982.

HMS Cardiff with GC82 Islas Malvinas 16 June 1982.

HMS Tiger Bay Portsmouth UK 1985.

HMS Cardiff speeding back to the task force after a night of naval gunfire support 6 June.

Ajax Bay. The initial resting place of Colonel 'H' Jones V.C. and 15 Paratroopers KIA at Pradera del Ganso (Goose Green) - RIP.

Date unknown.

HMS Yarmouth. Known affectionately to us as... 'The Crazy Y'.

HMS Cardiff returning to Portsmouth.

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
estimated griffiths911
i saw your picture for that time had + - the same age, you were a sailor and a group of damage control team or salvor diver were applied to the radar read, and all the other, here goes (went) well we all divers for any work...the dry suit on a deck is an avon?
uw regards
bagre
estimado griffiths911
he visto tus fotos de aquellos tiempos, tendremos mas o menos la misma edad, estabas como marinero en un grupo de control de averias, o fuiste buzo de salvamento a bordo, aplicado tambien para control de radar, y todo lo demas como aqui (antes) los buzos para todo...el traje seco en la foto en cubierta es avon?
subacuos saludos
bagre

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
estimated griffiths911
i saw your picture for that time had + - the same age, you were a sailor and a group of damage control team or salvor diver were applied to the radar read, and all the other, here goes (went) well we all divers for any work...the dry suit on a deck is an avon?
uw regards
bagre
estimado griffiths911
he visto tus fotos de aquellos tiempos, tendremos mas o menos la misma edad, estabas como marinero en un grupo de control de averias, o fuiste buzo de salvamento a bordo, aplicado tambien para control de radar, y todo lo demas como aqui (antes) los buzos para todo...el traje seco en la foto en cubierta es avon?
subacuos saludos
bagre

I need help with this one. can anyone translate again?

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
i try against
sorry for mi english i´m learn on a public school in buenos aires on 60's listen beatles, stones and other big lot of long hair musicians, well was played with matchbox and scalextrics toys too, read carefully:
bagre= some kind a cat fish on an argies river or sea...
uw= under water, sous marin, sotto il mare...
dry suit= a typical torture for comm divers when use...
my cuestion are about your work on your boat: your are only a sailor? a member of damage control unit? or diving and alvage unti over these boat) simply...
you know when the divers are on a battle ship usual names "tourist" and employ on a radar screen or kitchen or any...
kindd regards
intento de nuevo
perdone mi ingles aprendi en la escuela publica en buenos aires en los 60's, escuchando a los beatles, los stones y otro monton de pelilargos y jugando con matchbox y scalextrics.
lea cuidadosamente.
bagre= una clase de pez gato usual en los rios y mares argentos
uw= sub marino, sous marine, sotto il mare...
trajesco= tortura usual en los buzos cuando lo emplean
mi pregunta es si fuiste buzo de salvamento a bordo? o marinero en un equipo de control de daños? porque aqui normalmente en los buques ara nos llamaban turistas y nos ponian en un radar o la cocina, simple...
saludos
bagre

reydelcastillo

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
Colaborador
Ken

Bagre states :

Both You and Bagre must be of the same age , just by looking at the photos -
He thinks you must have been in the Radar plus in the Damage Control Team at HMS CArdffs
In those years Bagre been also a diver used the brand "Avon" as Divers Suit , was that the brand used by you back then ?

Regards Bagre

gabotdf

Miembro notable
exocet (ITB)

Source:Chacho Rodríguez Muñoz

Source: Julio Pérez
Unidad con el grupo electrógeno y los equipos electrónicos de control de tiro de la batería terrestre de misiles Exocet, dentro del taller de Puerto Belgrano
Generator and fire control unit. Puerto Belgrano

Source: Barrie5 Lovell

Cap. Julio Pérez, electronic engineer, main ITB designer

Source:GerardoAML90
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8Ch5zBQShQ&hl=es&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8Ch5zBQShQ&hl=es&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Bagre states :

Both You and Bagre must be of the same age , just by looking at the photos -
He thinks you must have been in the Radar plus in the Damage Control Team at HMS CArdffs
In those years Bagre been also a diver used the brand "Avon" as Divers Suit , was that the brand used by you back then ?

Regards Bagre

Yes, I think it was Avon.

Enrique, in the RN we had our main role/job but there we also had additional qualifications. One of mine was diver.