Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

For Ken

Ken:

Do you have any information regarding an order from June 10 was for more than bombed the runway of Puerto Argentino / Stanley because they wanted to be operable after you flamerara the white flag?
With regard to the entry of the Hercules C-130 Argentines andalusia airport, I had some way to know where they came? if located as they entered a PAC to the expected output? by sheer luck was the Argentine side for more hercules no shot?

Regards, Silvio

---------- Post added at 05:38 ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 ----------

Enrique te ahorro un trabajo, solo mejoralo y listo...Saludos

gabotdf

Miembro notable
Ken :

Tienes alguna informacion con respecto a una orden que a partir del 10 de junio se dio para que no fuera mas bombardeada la pista de puerto Argentino/Stanley ya que se la queria tener operable para despues de que flamerara la bandera blanca ?
Con respecto a la entrada de los hercules c-130 argentinos al aeropuerto, tenian alguna forma saber por donde entraban ? si los localizaban cuando entraban alguna PAC los esperaba a la salida ? fue mera suerte por el lado argentino no tener mas hercules abatidos ?

Saludos, Silvio
Ken:
Do you have any info regarding an order being given (june, 10th) not to destroy Stanley runway because you wanted it operable as soon as we surrend?
did you manage to know C130 incoming route? If located did you send a PAC on the return path? Do you think we were just lucky not to get more C130 shot down?

gabotdf

Miembro notable
Llamado a la solidaridad

Foristas argentinos: por favor escriban en lo posible oraciones cortas, con el mínimo de regionalismos posible.
La traducción que hago es manual, mi inglés es muy básico y me cuestan un hue*o las oraciones de 30 palabras.
Y si optan por las traducciones en línea éstas requieren aun más precisión a la hora de redactar, si no no se entiende absolutamente nada.

thunder

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
Miembro del Staff
Moderador
Aqui una foto con el Invincible y el Illustrious lado a lado

Here an image of both carriers side to side

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
ken
the former cap for a gc82 is today a high comm in pna (ou coast guard) i try to contact about your "gifts"
ken
el antiguo cap del gc 82 es hoy un comandante de la pna (nuestros guarda costas) tratare de ponerme en contacto con el acerca de tus "regalos"
bagre

cosmiccomet74

Colaborador
Colaborador
One looks longer than the other. I thoght that both ships had the same lenght.

Uno parece mas largo que el otro. Pense que ambos buques tenian la misma longitud.

gabotdf

Miembro notable
When we had the Islas Malvinas alongside our ship I went iside her to look around. I confess I took some items that belonged to someone. Here is a picture.
Also, I have his cap badge. Do you know who they might have belonged to? It would be great if I could return them.
Remarkable attitude, Sir.
Un actitud destacable, señor.

tanoarg

Miembro del Staff
Moderador
Uno parece mas largo que el otro. Pense que ambos buques tenian la misma longitud.
la teoria del ingeniero agronomo!!...
comi, los dos buques tienen la misma longitud, el amigazo Martin Otero, conjuntamente con Martin Rizzioli, demostraron que tomando como referencia el tamaño de uno de los helos y multiplicandose el mismo a lo largo de ambos buques, daba exactamente la misma longitud (creo que era 12,5 veces). existe "otra misma foto" donde ambos buques presentan mismo tamaño. dicha foto fue agrandada para respaldar una teoria un poco... por decirlo de alguna manera... descabellada.
un abrazo

cosmiccomet74

Colaborador
Colaborador
Tano Argentino translation,
"Agronomy Theory!!!
Comi, both ships have the same lengh, our great friend Martin Otero with Martin Rizzioli, demostrates how you can take the choppers lenght and multiplying it by how many times it can be in each ship lengh (I guess it was 12,5 times).
There are other pictures where both ships have the same lengh. That picture was enlarge to support that crazy theory".

Si, despues me fije mejor y el buque mas cerca a la camara estas un poco retrasado.

Yes, I was checking the picture and the ship closer to the camera is a little behind.

Willypicapiedra

Miembro del Staff
Moderador
Remarkable attitude, Sir.

Realmente lo sienten así. Al Capitan Camiletti le devolvieron su sable cuando pudo visitar las islas y.....algo impensado para nosotros, a un amigo le devolvieron por correo el dinero del impuesto, de un sweter que compro en Londres.

Felicitaciones

Willy

They really feel it thus, to Captain Camiletti they gave back its saber to him when it could visit the islands and ...... something unthinkable for us, to a friend gave back by mail the money to him of the tax, of sweter that it bought in London. Congratulations

Willy

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
estimado willy
perdon por el off topic, pero mi mujer esta esperando el iva de nuestra visita a argentina en el 2004...

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
hi ken
few mn ago called w/gc82 former comm he is very haply and interested about gifts, be in touch
best regards
bagre

hola ken
hace pocos minutos hable con el antiguo comandante del gc 82 islas malvinas, se mostro interesado y contento acerca de los regalos, estaremos en contacto.
muchos saludos
bagre

Willypicapiedra

Miembro del Staff
Moderador
estimado willy
perdon por el off topic, pero mi mujer esta esperando el iva de nuestra visita a argentina en el 2004...

esteeeee..........mi no comprender idioma extraño:biggrinjester:

Seguí participando :cheers2::smilielol5:

Willy

Te lo van a devolver con un bono "Bonasso", te suena ??

To Our British Guests , Historians and Veterans

We have some doubts regarding British Airplanes that even after been hit by some type of triple AAA , were able to make it to the Carriers -
Does someone have a list of Aircrafts that have made it back or not to the carrier after been damaged ?

Thanks Enrique

Enrique.

Here is one example of a damaged Sea Harrier having returned to the carrier HMS Hermes.

On 01/05/1982 Sea Harrier ZA192 piloted by Flt Lt David Morgan was hit by 20mm AAA fire in the vertical stabiliser (the fin) during a bombing raid on Stanley Airport.

The photograph shows how close Morgan came to disaster, had he been a fraction of a second slower, there was a possibility that the shell might have stuck his canopy.

In this photograph you can see the repairs made to ZA192.

I am checking my sources to see if there any more records of damaged/repaired aircraft, however my library is not as extensive as some.

Regards C.H.

----

Enrique,

Aca hay un ejemplo de un Sea Harrier daniado que pudo regresar al portaviones HMS Hermes.

El 01/05/1982 el Sea Harrier ZA192 piloteado por Flt Lt David Morgan fue tocado por la artilleria antiaerea de 20mm en el estabilizador vertical (la aleta) durante un bombardeo al aeropuerto de Puerto Argentino.

La fotografia muestra que cerca estuvo Morgan del desastre, volando una fraccion de segundo mas lento y cabia la posibilidad de que el proyectil hubiera impactado en el habitaculo.

En esta fotografia se pueden ver las reparaciones efectuadas al ZA192.

Estoy chequeando mis fuentes para ver si hay mas informes de aviones daniados/reparados, sin embargo mi biblioteca no es tan completa como la de otros.

Saludos C.H.

thunder

Miembro del Staff
Moderador
If correct.
But this is reported as HARRIER fallen into the sea by accident on May 23 while our 35-mm AA Darwin claimed her failure and subsequent collapse​

Si correcto.
Pero este harrier se denuncia como caído en el mar en mayo 23 por accidente mientras que nuestra AA de 35 mm sobre Darwin reclama su averia y posterior caída,.

Thanks

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Condottiere

Thank you Sir

The idea is to put together info related to British Planes lost , either in Combat or other type of accidents during the conflict -

Thunder : Could you bring to the Forum the list that you have , that way we will have a starting point -
Can we also bring the known Triple A positions as of May 01 -

Thank You -

Thunder Condottiere states that the plane shown in the photos was damage on that first week of the conflict , it well may bee the one shot down later in the month -
Thunder :
I see what you say , Triple A at Darwin claims hit the plane ( damage only ) but then lost when reaching the Carrier -

---------- Post added at 05:38 ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 ----------

To our British Guests :

We have been making a lot of questions , if you have questions for us please go ahead and do so - Thanks from all of Us -

If correct.
But this is reported as HARRIER fallen into the sea by accident on May 23 while our 35-mm AA Darwin claimed her failure and subsequent collapse​

Si correcto.
Pero este harrier se denuncia como caído en el mar en mayo 23 por accidente mientras que nuestra AA de 35 mm sobre Darwin reclama su averia y posterior caída,.

Thanks

Thunder.

You are correct this aircraft (ZA192) did crash on the 23/051982.

That day ZA192 was involved in two sorties. The first, again piloted by Flt Lt Morgan accompasnied by ZA191 (Flt Lt Leeming) attacked two Argentine helicopters, one a Puma AE-503 from CAB601 crashed while attempting to take evasive action following a pass by Morgan in ZA192, the second an Agusta A109 AE-337 also from CAB601 was spotted taking cover in a ravine by Leeming in ZA191 and was subsequently strafed and destroyed. A second Puma AE-500 was spotted close to the A109 but Leeming's ammunition had been expended on AE-337, so with his last few rounds Morgan succeeded in immobilising EA-500 which was subsequently destroyed in a follow up attack by Lt Cdr Gedge (XZ494) and Lt Cdr Braithwaite (ZA190). A third Puma AE-508 was spotted by Morgan & Leeming, but had to be left unharmed.

Later, on the evening of 23/05/1982 ZA192 this time piloted by Lt Cdr Gordon Batt departed from HMS Hermes for a toss-bombing attack on Stanley Airport. ZA192 was seen to explode either just before or on hitting the sea close to position 50deg 35Min South, 56Deg 15Min West. Lt Cdr Batt was killed.

Regards C.H.

Edit: Reports suggest that ZA192 crashed accidentally into the sea. I have just had a look at the reported position of the crash and by rough calculation this would appear to be approximately 170Km NW of Stanley Airport.

----

Thunder.

Tenes razon, este avion (ZA192) se estrello el 23 /05/1982.

Ese dia el ZA192 participo a dos salidas. La primera, pilotado de nuevo por FLT Lt Morgan, acompaniado por el ZA191 (Flt Lt Leeming) ataco dos helicopteros Argentinos, un Puma AE-503 del CAB601 que se estrello cuando intentaba hacer una maniobra evasiva despues de una pasada de Morgan en al ZA192, el segundo un Augusta A109 AE-337, tambien del CAB601, que fue descubierto tratandose de cubrir en un barranco por Leeming y posteriormente ametrallada y destruida. Un segundo Puma AE-500 fue descubierto cerca del A109, pero Leeming habia agotado su municion en el AE-337, y Morgan con sus ultimos cartuchos, inmobilizo el EA-500 que fue posteriormente destruido en un ataque por Lt Cdr Gedge (XZ494) y Lt Cdr Braithwaite (ZA190). Un tercer Puma AE-508 fue descubierto por Morgan & Leeming, pero no pudieron atacarlo.

Despues, en la noche del 23/05/1982, el ZA192, esta bvez pilotado por Lt Cdr Gordon Batt despego del HMS Hermes para bombardear el Aeropuerto de Puerto Argentino. ZA 192 fue visto explotar justo antes o cuando toco la superficie del mar, cerca de la posicion 50 grados 35 minutos sur, 56 grados 15 minutos oeste. Lt Cdr Batt murio en el impacto.

Saludos C. H.

Edit: Los informes sugieren que el ZA192 se estrello accidentalmente en el mar.Recien mire la posicion reportada del accidente y calculandolo brevemente esta seria aproximadamente a 170 KM al noroeste del Aeropuerto de Puerto Argentino.