Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Que me enviaron hoy por Jorge Carrega, el capitán GC82 Islas Malvinas. Gracias Jorge.

I was sent this today by Jorge Carrega, Captain Islas Malvinas GC82. Thanks Jorge.

cosmiccomet74

Colaborador
Colaborador
I don't know where to post this information, so I would do it here.
I am just checking Pprune and there is a post about the HMS Sheffield, Rear Admiral Sam Salt, who had passed away on December 4th.

My condolences to his family.

Ariel

No se donde poner esta informacion, pero lo hare aqui. Estoy chequeando Pprune y hay un post sobre la muerte del capitan del Sheffield, Contralmirante Sam Salt. Fallecio el 4 de Diciembre.

Mis condolencias para la familia.

Ariel

njl56

Colaborador
Colaborador
Hi Ken, how do you do?

I would ask you a question, if I may. You know if Mr. McFarlane from the HMS Coventry originally was crew of HMS Shieffield?

If your answer is "yes": might have been relocation of crews on ships of the RN during the war?

I would like to know that the replacements were due...

Thanks for your time.

Hola Ken, ¿cómo está?

Me gustaría hacerle una pregunta, si me lo permite. Usted sabe si el señor McFarlane de la HMS Coventry originalmente fue de la tripulación del HMS Shieffield?

Si su respuesta es "sí": podría haber sido la reubicación de las tripulaciones de los buques de la RN durante la guerra?

Me gustaría saber a qué se deben las sustituciones ...

Gracias por su tiempo

Norberto Laffusa

Jualbo

Colaborador
Hi everybody.
I have a request from a british veteran about a footage in which 1st Lt Velasco (Grupo 5 FAA) appears returning home after being downed at Malvinas.
The date of his back to the mainland was on 7th june. He came back together Lt Lucero, from Grupo 4.
Any clue?
Any help will be wellcome.
Regards all

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Hi Ken, how do you do?

I would ask you a question, if I may. You know if Mr. McFarlane from the HMS Coventry originally was crew of HMS Shieffield?

If your answer is "yes": might have been relocation of crews on ships of the RN during the war?

I would like to know that the replacements were due...

Thanks for your time.

Hola Ken, ¿cómo está?

Me gustaría hacerle una pregunta, si me lo permite. Usted sabe si el señor McFarlane de la HMS Coventry originalmente fue de la tripulación del HMS Shieffield?

Si su respuesta es "sí": podría haber sido la reubicación de las tripulaciones de los buques de la RN durante la guerra?

Me gustaría saber a qué se deben las sustituciones ...

Gracias por su tiempo

Norberto Laffusa

No, I did not know him. I am sure that personnel from ships that were attacked and destroyed were sent back to the UK. I do not know of any sailor that served in a ship that sank being sent to another ship still in the combat zone.

No, yo no lo conocía. Estoy seguro de que el personal de los buques que fueron atacados y destruidos fueron enviados de vuelta al Reino Unido. Yo no sé de ningún marino que sirvió en un barco que se hundió de ser enviado a otro barco aún en la zona de combate.

jimmytx3

British War Veteran
video

Hi all, here is a slide show i put together last year, I am not sure if it has been on here before, it is not a flag waver,,
<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5eEIjcWjr-A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5eEIjcWjr-A&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

gabotdf

Miembro notable
Hi all, here is a slide show i put together last year, I am not sure if it has been on here before, it is not a flag waver,
Hola a todos
Esta es una secuencia de fotos que armé el año pasado, no estoy seguro si ya fue posteada antes. No es una provocación.
Aclaración mía: más literalmente sería algo así como no les estoy agitando la bandera en la cara, el sentido es advertir que no es su intención provocar.
Hay imágenes bastante fuertes de ambos lados

jimmytx3

British War Veteran
site.

Hi Cosmic, thank you, it is nice to be here,
bye for now Jimmy
Hola Cosmic, gracios,él es agradable de estar aquí,
adiós para ahora Jimmy
:cheers2:

felizalde55

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
Hi everybody.
I have a request from a british veteran about a footage in which 1st Lt Velasco (Grupo 5 FAA) appears returning home after being downed at Malvinas.
The date of his back to the mainland was on 7th june. He came back together Lt Lucero, from Grupo 4.
Any clue?
Any help will be wellcome.
Regards all

If 1st Lt Velasco came with Lt Lucero they came to Argentina with ARA Bahía Paraiso. We left Malvinas on June 5th and arrive on june 7th at near Punta quilla.
I was with Lucero in the same cabin, Lucero came from M/V Uganda and then he was transported by hleicopter to Bahía Paraiso.
I didn't knew Velasco just Lucero.
Best regards
Pancho

Si el Primer Teniente Velasco regresó con el Teniente Lucero lo hizo en el ARA Bahía Paraíso: Dejamos las islas el 5 de junio y llegamos al continente el 7 de junio.
Estuve con Lucero en el mismo camarote, Lucero fue trasladado del Uganda al Bahía Paraíso. No conocí a Velasco, solo a Lucero.
Saludos.

Pancho

Jualbo

Colaborador
Hello felizalde55. I had a request about a footage of 1st Lt Velasco´s come back in that ship. I think I read the info about his return in this ship in one of Carballo´s books.
Thanks
Regards

No tengo palabras para felicitar a aquellos que tuvieron esta iniciativa, agradecerles por lo que generaron y poder en algunos hechos la historia de los dos lados.
Gracias atmbién a los foristas ingleses y felicitarlos por su respeto y apertura a los foros.

I have no words to congratulate those who took the initiative, so thank generated power in some facts and history of the two sides.
Thanks to the forum members atmbién English and congratulate you for your respect and openness to the forums.