thunder

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
Miembro del Staff
Moderador
Very sorry my friend. ja ja

Perdón mi amigo. !!

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:01 ----------

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

No los conocía, no vi ninguno.- Debe ser muy incómodo en cuerpo a tierra. En el nuestro entra justo con el largo y ya con tres atados era muy incómodo.-

Un abrazo

Do not know, I did not see any .- It must be very uncomfortable in body grounded. In our just comes with the long, and was tied with three very uncomfortable .-

Rgds

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Tell us about the ambush on C 130 by HMS Cardiffs out of Stanley Airport / Puerto Argentino Airport

Give us the account , when , where , dates if you remmeber -

Regards Enrique

Ken contanos acerca de cuando esperaban a los C 130 afuera del aeropuerto para emboscarlos con la HMS Cardiffs

Sea paciente, amigo.

----

have patience my friend

Estimados: Me reintegro al foro luego de un tiempo alejado de él y me encuentro con está grata sorpresa.

Felicitaciones para los moderadores y mis más sinceros deseos de amistad para los compañeros ingleses.

Sigan así. Gracias.

Atentamente A4Q - Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear: I return to the forum after a time away from him and I am pleasantly surprised with this.

Congratulations to moderators my best wishes and friendship to fellow Englishmen.

Keep it up. Thank you.

Sincerely A4Q - Carlos

LUPIN

Merodeador...
Colaborador
Does anyone know where Canberra B-108 crashed?

Some of you may have read that both HMS Exeter and HMS Cardiff engaged the formation with multiple Seadart launches but this is wildly inaccurate. Whilst on a radar ambush mission HMS Cardiff engaged B-108 with a single Seadart missile at a range of 32nm. I have marked the map where I estimate Cardiff's position was that morning and would like to see if I have been accurate.

HMS Exeter was not inshore that night.

This is a British map and no offence is intended to anyone on this forum:

----

Alguno sabe donde se estrello el Canberra B-108?

Algunos de ustedes quizas leyeron que el HMS Exeter y el HMS Cardiff interceptaron la formacion con lanzamientos multiples de Sea Dart, pero esto es groseramente inexacto.
Cuando en una mision de emboscada de radar el HMS Cardiff intercepto el B-108 con un solo Sea Dart a un rango de 32nm. He marcado en el mapa donde estimo estaba la posicion del Cardiff esa maniana y me gustaria comprobar si he sido exacto.

HMS Exeter no estaba cerca de la costa esa noche.

Este es un mapa britanico y no intento ofender a ninguno en este Foro:

Al ver este mapa no puedo dejar de sorprenderme, ya que mas o menos a esa hora el ultimo C-130H argentino despegaba del aeropuerto de Malvinas...a menos de 30 km de una fragata D-42!

Looking at this map I cant avoid being amazed because at that time (more or less) the last C-130H was taking off from the Stanley Airfield...less than 30 km from a D-42 frigate!

I have just read what Enrique and Griffiths wrote...sorry! But now I cant wait for you to tell us!

Recien leo lo que Enrique y Griffiths escribieron...perdon!Ahora no puedo esperar a que nos cuente!

jimmytx3

British War Veteran
photo

Jimmy would feel I've insulted him by posting this. I just think it needs to be posted.
Jimmy podria sentirse insultado por este post. Sólo pienso que debe ser publicado.

Enough. I'm going to be quiet for a while.

----

Suficiente. Voy a descansar un rato
Ken, i don't feel insulted, but i would not have posted it, as I would not want to rub it in the faces of any Argentine veterans of Mount Longdon,
Bye for now jimmy

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Jimmy,

I thought you would feel like that. It is complicated I know and keeping a balance is important.

That one picture that you posted on the SAMA82 is a favourite of mine. It shows very young soldiers who have been fighting hard carrying a fallen comrade. You have posted pictures of wounded 3 Para .

There is no shame in this picture, just history.

Both British and Argentine forces paid a high price in 1982.

Regards brother.

Ken.

P.S.

A picture of British graves taken by me at Ajax Bay. I will not forget the reaction of the soldier on the right of this picture when he looked at this place. Your comrades were interred here also and I have sent you pictures that I know you appreciated.

---------- Post added at 08:11 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

Al ver este mapa no puedo dejar de sorprenderme, ya que mas o menos a esa hora el ultimo C-130H argentino despegaba del aeropuerto de Malvinas...a menos de 30 km de una fragata D-42!

Looking at this map I cant avoid being amazed because at that time (more or less) the last C-130H was taking off from the Stanley Airfield...less than 30 km from a D-42 frigate!

I have just read what Enrique and Griffiths wrote...sorry! But now I cant wait for you to tell us!

Recien leo lo que Enrique y Griffiths escribieron...perdon!Ahora no puedo esperar a que nos cuente!

We never saw them! Our 992 radar was rubbish when we were close to land. We were very vigilant and tried desperately to detect and destroy them. It sounds stupid to you but we would even talk quietly when on radar ambush missions. How crazy is that?

The C130 pilots must have been good at low flying...very good.

Phantom_II

Colaborador
Estimados: Me reintegro al foro luego de un tiempo alejado de él y me encuentro con está grata sorpresa.

Felicitaciones para los moderadores y mis más sinceros deseos de amistad para los compañeros ingleses.

Sigan así. Gracias.

Atentamente A4Q - Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear: I return to the forum after a time away from him and I am pleasantly surprised with this.

Congratulations to moderators my best wishes and friendship to fellow Englishmen.

Keep it up. Thank you.

Sincerely A4Q - Carlos

Carlos, un gustazo verte de nuevo por aca!!!
Un abrazo viejo!!
Esteban.
-----------------------------
Carlos, really nice to see you here again!!

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
For the Flame is an L1A1 but is dark box mechanism and does not distinguish either the shipper. This is in shadow but is very long, maybe two is tied or the perspective .-

For me it is an SLR

Por el apagallama es un L1A1 aunque se ve oscura la caja de mecanismo y no distingo tampoco el cargador-. Este esta en sombras pero se ve muy largo, tal vez halla dos atados o sea la prespectiva.-
Para mi es un SLR

It is a SLR but with a 30 round Bren Gun magazine. In cardiff we had our SLR rifles adjusted to fire fully automatic and would put as many sailors on the upper deck as we could spare when action stations was sounded.

Here is a picture taken from HMS Hermes at night. It shows HMS Cardiff sailors (at least 20 and I am one) firing 100% tracer rounds from our modified SLR rifles at a flare. The idea behind this was to give confidence to the sailors on Hermes...to show that the Type 42 was formidable.

"Es un SLR pero con un cargador de Bren de 30 disparos, en el Cardiff teníamos nuestros SLRs ajustados para disparo automático y poníamos tantos marinos disponibles como podíamos en cubierta cuando las alarmas de ir a sus puestos sonaban.
Acá hay una foto tomada desde el HMS Hermes de noche. Muestra a los marinos del HMS Cardiff (al menos 20, yo soy uno de ellos) disparando municiones trazadoras 100% desde nuestros rifles SLR modificados a una bengala. la idea detras de esto era dar confianza a los marineros del hermes...para mostrarles que el Tipo 42 era formidable"

A bit of propaganda.

hola ente como estan disculpen a quien corresponda, se podria traducir el ultimo post
gracias
Excelente iniciativa y excelentes relatos, mis respetos a los combatientes britanicos es un honor leerlos y conocerlos
Hernan Rami

henry

Dice algo asi, es un traducto online , perdon!!

Se trata de una réflex, pero con una ronda de 30 Pistola Bren revista. En Cardiff hemos tenido nuestros fusiles SLR ajustada al fuego totalmente automático y pondría el mayor número de marineros en la cubierta superior como podemos escatimar acción cuando las estaciones se sonaba.

Aquí está una foto tomada de HMS Hermes en la noche. Muestra HMS Cardiff marineros (por lo menos 20 y yo soy uno) el 100% del marcador disparando rondas de nuestros fusiles modificados SLR en un ataque. La idea detrás de esto era para dar confianza a los navegantes sobre Hermes ... para demostrar que el Tipo 42 fue formidable.

Un poco de propaganda.

Ya lo traduciran mejor!!!

Saludos

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
El Tornado Blanco

Muchas Gracias Tornado , esta perfecto - Gracias por ayudarnos

Thanks Tornado , it's perfect =thanks for helping

---------- Post added at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 ----------

Ken - Griffith 911

Lets go to Ground Support ( Naval Artillery )

Was that mission also assigned to HMS Cradiffs

When did it take place , which targets ?

Regards Enrique

La última parte a groso modo dice que es una foto tomada desde el Hermes, de una demostración que hicieron. Los marineros de la Cardiff le dispararon a una bengala para demostrarle a los del Hermes lo que eran capaces y hacerlos sentir mas seguros.
La concentración de fuego que se ve es asombrosa.

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
To our British Guests

If you go arround through other sub-Forums and you would like to post questions , or accounts please go ahead and do so , someone will catch it and translate it to spanish - Feel free to wounder arround and make questions or coments -

Si recorren los sub foros y deasean hacer preguntas o agregar comentarios , sientanse libres de hacerlo , escriban en Ingles que alguien lo va a manotear y traducir al Espanol

Gracias Enrique

The central Forum will always be this one - But make questions on any sub forum as well - someone will translate -

Enrique

Sabes que para mi es un gusto poder ayudar y ayudarte....siempre en lo que este a mi alcance!!!

Un abrazo...

Fer

You know it is a pleasure for me to help and always help .... with this I can!

Un abrazo ...

Fer

Una pregunta : poniendose un grupo de soldados y disparando a 45 grados o mas todos juntos formando un frente de balas, hasta que altura seria eficaz de pegarle a un blanco ?

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Jimmy

What a Great Tribute for those from both Countries that have fought this war
Our Respect for all who have given their life - Rest in Peace -

For all Veterans from Great Britain and Argentina our sincere Admiration -

Que buen Tributo a los que combatieron por parte de ambas Naciones-
Nuestro profundo respeto hacia quiene dieron su vida - Que descansen en Paz-

A todos los Veteranos de Gran Bretana y la Argentina toda nuestra Admiracion -

gabotdf

Miembro notable
Very moving homage, Jimmy
My respect to the fallen. Rest in peace

Un homenaje muy emotivo, Jimmy
Mi respeto a los caídos. Que descansen en paz.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran

Muchas Gracias Tornado , esta perfecto - Gracias por ayudarnos

Thanks Tornado , it's perfect =thanks for helping

---------- Post added at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 ----------

Ken - Griffith 911

Lets go to Ground Support ( Naval Artillery )

Was that mission also assigned to HMS Cradiffs

When did it take place , which targets ?

Regards Enrique

Enrique,

When I look at Cardiff's ROP I am surprised that we were only officially tasked with Naval Gunfire Support (NGS) on two occasions (6 & 8 June), however, I remember we fired our 4.5" gun more times than that.

Cardiff was tasked with radar ambush missions often. We would leave the task force just before it became dark and go to a location where our commanders considered the C130 would enter our engagement envelope/zone. The British command was frustrated at the frequency of the C130 flights and our inability to stop them. We were under a lot of pressure to shoot down a C130. By the way, I think the British call C130 aircraft 'Fat Albert'...do not quote me!

I remember one NGS mission well. We went to the gun line (a designated position to fire our gun) and waited for a fire mission. Very soon after we arrived a SAS spotter called for us to fire on Arg positions. I should not have been listening to this radio frequency but could not resist it. Our Principle Warfare Officer (PWO) was Lt. Beavis, he was nervous and talked to the SAS guy in a manner that he was taught in training (staccato). The SAS spotter would talk like he was chatting to his mother. Captain Harris slapped Lt. Beavis hard on his back and said: "This is not F****** HMS Dryad (radar training base) this is the real thing, that man is on a cold hill surrounded by the enemy. TALK to him".

The SAS would say "wait....." and you could hear him panting as he ran. ".....enemy patrol, up 100, left 50, enemy troops dug in...".

I have no idea what the targets were or if we caused any casualties.

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Here is a video i have put together,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfU2h-RGP1A

Jimmy,

God bless them all.

Ken.

Enrique,
Enrique,

When I look at Cardiff's ROP I am surprised that we were only officially tasked with Naval Gunfire Support (NGS) on two occasions (6 & 8 June), however, I remember we fired our 4.5" gun more times than that.

Cardiff was tasked with radar ambush missions often. We would leave the task force just before it became dark and go to a location where our commanders considered the C130 would enter our engagement envelope/zone. The British command was frustrated at the frequency of the C130 flights and our inability to stop them. We were under a lot of pressure to shoot down a C130. By the way, I think the British call C130 aircraft 'Fat Albert'...do not quote me!

I remember one NGS mission well. We went to the gun line (a designated position to fire our gun) and waited for a fire mission. Very soon after we arrived a SAS spotter called for us to fire on Arg positions. I should not have been listening to this radio frequency but could not resist it. Our Principle Warfare Officer (PWO) was Lt. Beavis, he was nervous and talked to the SAS guy in a manner that he was taught in training (staccato). The SAS spotter would talk like he was chatting to his mother. Captain Harris slapped Lt. Beavis hard on his back and said: "This is not F****** HMS Dryad (radar training base) this is the real thing, that man is on a cold hill surrounded by the enemy. TALK to him".

The SAS would say "wait....." and you could hear him panting as he ran. ".....enemy patrol, up 100, left 50, enemy troops dug in...".

I have no idea what the targets were or if we caused any casualties.

Enrique,

Cuando miro la ROP de la Cardiff me sorprende que oficialmente sólo se encarga de fuego naval de apoyo (NSG) en dos ocasiones (6 y 8 de junio), sin embargo, recuerdo que dispararon nuestra arma 4.5 (Pulgadas) más veces que eso.

La Cardiff fue encargada de misiones emboscada de radar a menudo. Queríamos salir de la Fuerza de Tareas justo antes de que oscureciera e ir a un lugar donde nuestros comandantes examinaron que el C130 entraría en nuestra zona de empeñamiento. El comando británico fue frustrado en la frecuencia de los vuelos C130 y nuestra incapacidad para detenerlos. Estábamos bajo una gran presión para derribar un C130. Por cierto, creo que los británicos llaman a los aviones C130 «Fat Albert '... no me citen!

Recuerdo bien una misión de NGS. Fuimos a la línea de tiro (una posición designada a nuestra arma de fuego) y esperamos por una misión de fuego. Muy pronto después de que llegamos un spotter (Observador Adelantado) SAS llamo para que hicieramos fuego sobre posiciones Argentinas. Yo no debería haber estado escuchando a esta frecuencia de radio, pero no pude resistirlo. Nuestro Oficial de Guerra Principal (Pwo) era el Teniente Beavis, él estaba nervioso y hablaba con el tipo del SAS de la manera que se enseña en el entrenamiento (staccato). El spotter SAS que hablaba con él estaba hablando como si lo hiciera con su madre. El Capitán Harris cacheteo al Teniente Beavis duro en la espalda y dijo: "Esto no es el F ****** HMS Dryad (Base de entrenamiento en radar), esta es la cosa real, el hombre está en una fría colina rodeado por el enemigo. Hablele a EL ".

El SAS dice "espere ....." y usted podía escucharlo como jadeaba al correr . "..... patrulla enemiga , 100 arriba, 50 a la izquierda , tropas enemigas excavado... ".

No tengo ni idea de que objetivos eran o si causó víctimas.

Corrijan los errores por favor.....

y otra cosa me gustari saber de que esta hablando con todo respeto....

Saludos

Fer