Colaborador
Did anyone said beer?
I'm in for that.
Here's a picture of my belly

Alguien dijo cerveza?
Me prendo en esa
Aca una foto de mi panza

:biggrinjester:

I've got a lot of history on the Air Defence/Airborne Early Warning side of things and if you are looking for a reason that the Neptune was not engaged then maybe I can help.

Quite interesting post.
Good point of view, never heard of it before.

Un post bastante interesante.
Buen, punto de vista, nunca habia escuchado algo asi antes

the big dog leg to the south to me should have been to the SE or ESE.

After the 8:43 emition the crew knew that a Super Etendard mision had started so they did that leg to make time until the Super Etendard where in the area.
They returned to make a last emition (10:35) so the Super Etendard could attack with the last updated position.

Despues de la emisión de las 8:43, la tripulacion sabía que había una misión de SuE que acababa de comenzar y por eso hicieron esa pierna para hacer tiempo.
Volvieron para hacer una ultima emisión (10:35) para que los SuE ataquen con la ultima posición actualizada

2-P-111

Colaborador
¿Alguien podría ayudarme con la traducción precisa de lo siguiente?:

Cuando el 2-P-112 trepaba para emitir, sólo emitía una única vuelta de Radar. En el caso de la última emisión fue todo lo que el radar pudo dar.

cosmiccomet74

Colaborador
Colaborador
2-P-111 says "When the Neptune 2-P-112 climbed for radar searching, it could only emit once each climb. In the last climb, its only emission was all the radar could give".

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Not my picture. GC82 Islas Malvinas 1983.

HMS Exeter going home. Helicopters from Cardiff, Exeter and Yarmouth.

Something to celebrate. Commandos?

Jualbo

Colaborador
Ward says that there was a CAP from Invincible in the air in the moment in which SUEs were aproaching to Sheffield but a stupid error from the air defence coordination in Hermes happened and they were sent to investigate a contact well inside the Task Force that, according to him, was obviously an unidentified friend for the course it was following.

Ward dice que había una CAP del Invincible en el aire en el momento en el cual los SUE se estaban aproximando al Seffield pero ocurrió un estúpido fallo del coordinador de defensa aérea en el Hermes y fueron enviados a investigar un contacto bien dentro de la Task Force que, de acuerdo a él, era obviamente un amigo sin identificar por la ruta que seguía.

Los SAS saltan en el mar. HMS Cardiff recoge los SAS y tránsitos durante la noche a la TEZ. Cuando alcanzamos la TEZ el helicóptero HMS Cardiff llevan los SAS a la HMS Hermes. No sé los detalles de la operación.

Mi español es de un programa del traductor. ¿Puede usted entender?

Saludos.

Yes now I understand, thanks for your time Ken

Regards

Joaquin

Thanks for the insider information from 2-P-211. You can see what I was talking about as the lack of AEW cover allowed the SHAR CAP to be taken away from the SUE mission. Still not sure of how good they would have done searching for the Neptune. However the "run away" would have given the SHAR the best possibility of detection as the FRS1 Radar was a Pulse radar and so a course at 90 degrees to the threat ie to the SE would have kept the Neptune in the SHAR's dark area.

For me having flown (once) with a Shackleton crew and seen the screens they work off they sea picture was much better than the air picture. So for the Neptune to see anything was a good job on their parts.

Gracias por la información privilegiada de 2-P-211. Usted puede ver lo que estaba hablando de la falta de cobertura permitió a la AEW SHAR PAC que deben tomarse fuera de la misión SUE. Todavía no está seguro de lo bien que se hubiera hecho la búsqueda de Neptuno. Sin embargo, el "huir" habría dado la SHAR la mejor posibilidad de detección como el radar FRS1 es un pulso de radar y por lo tanto un curso a 90 grados a la amenaza, es decir, a la SE se han mantenido en el Neptuno la SHAR la zona oscura.

Para mí haber volado (una vez) con una tripulación de Shackleton y visto las pantallas que trabajan fuera de la imagen del mar que era mucho mejor que el aire la imagen. Por lo tanto, para la de Neptuno a ver nada fue un buen trabajo en sus partes.

reydelcastillo

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
Colaborador
Ken / Trap one

Tomorrow morning several Artillery members will be on the Forum asking which British Artillery Units were firing on them -

They will give us theire positions and we will try to figure out which British unit was firing , how spoters were used - and several other questions - see you tomorrow -

Regards Enrique

Enrique
Sorry I will not be able to help with the questions on Artillery as this is not my area of knowledge.

Mick

Enrique
Lo sentimos, no voy a ser capaz de ayudar con las preguntas de Artillería como este no es mi área de conocimiento.

Mick

Marcantilan

Colaborador
Colaborador
kockica/juanma
Could you please ask what height the Neptune was at. Tactically it would be important.
The route of the Neptune, would to me indicate that it was being in an AEW role rather than the MPA. If the crew was looking for Surface units then why did it not continue to the south and east and so continue to find the main group of the Taskforce.

Good evening Trap One!

The Neptune / APS-20 was never used as an AEW system.

In fact, one Squadron Commander once told me: "we had a ´de facto´ AEW aircraft and never learned about its full capabilities"

Marcantilan
Thank you for that, but in 82 we didn't know you had not used the Neptune as an AEW. We had before we had got rid of them and continued to use the AN/APS20 with the Shackleton in the AEW role. So you could see that as we had not paid attention to what the Argentine forces were doing, or were capable of then we assumed the worse.
Having watched quite a few MPA missions from above the way the Neptune kept on "probing" in a straight line rather than skirting the edges of the Taskforce is what I was basing my thinking that it looks as if it was on an AEW mission.

Marcantilan
Gracias por eso, pero en 82 no sabíamos que no había utilizado el Neptuno como una AEW. Hemos tenido antes de haber llegado a deshacerse de ellos y siguió utilizando el AN/APS20 con el AEW Shackleton en el papel. Por lo que podía ver que, como no habíamos prestado atención a lo que las fuerzas argentinas estaban haciendo, o eran capaces de entonces asumió la peor.
Después de haber visto un buen número de misiones de APM desde arriba la manera en que la mantienen en Neptuno "sondeo" en línea recta en lugar de bordeando los bordes del grupo de trabajo es lo que se basa mi pensamiento de que parece como si se tratara de una misión AEW.

Marcantilan

Colaborador
Colaborador
Hi Trap.

I´m somewhat involved with the ol´Tracker community.

The 1982 guys a couple of times (when focused, from middle May exclusively on MPA duties) monitored incoming SHARs and, of course, they reversed course and run away (well, not very fast)

On an informal chat, years ago, a retired British Admiral told one of the Tracker guys that the Royal Navy tried 17 times to intercept Tracker flights. Could you confirm is that true and if you or any other of the boys were near to catch a Tracker?

The Tracker guys will be delighted with the info! Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Mariano

Marcantilan

Good question, and I've no imediate answer. Will ask and see what I can find out.

Mick

Marcantilan

Buena pregunta, y he imediate ninguna respuesta. Solicitará y ver qué puedo encontrar.

Mick

2-P-111

Colaborador
Marcantilan,

¿Did the commander tell you the conditions in which the Radars were operating?

Come on, those planes could never even climb to an air search alttitude without being blown out of the sky. We're lucky (and some of us lucky to be alive) that the whole squadron came back home.

Question, question: ¿What did Perez Roca tell you about the 3rd of May?

wlujan

Veterano de Guerra de Malvinas
soy veterano de guerra de malvinas y me interesa cambiar opiniones con veteranos ingleses. perteneci al BIM 5 en la seccion apoyo logistico en la zona de casa amarilla cercano a puerto argentino, en el medio entra tumbledown y colina de la radio.
gracias por esta iniciativa

----

I am a veteran of the Malvinas and I'm interested to exchange views with British veterans. i belonged to BIM 5 logistical support in the area of yellow house near the port of Argentina, falls in the middle of the hill and tumbledown radio.
thanks for this initiative

Iconoclasta

Colaborador
Bienvenido al foro wlujan, esperamos que te sientas a gusto

Saludos,
Hernán.

----

Welcome to the forum wlujan, we hope that you feel comfortable here

Hello, I’m new to this board, but I have taken the time to read this thread very, very carefully and am gratified to see this level of understanding between former foes.

I’m indebted to Trap One, who has sponsored me to join in this discussion. Thank you.

I’m a former Sergeant in the British Army, and although I didn’t serve during the Conflict in 1982, I joined 2 years later in 1984, I went on to know many British Veterans of that time.

My Military experience was as a UN Peace Keeper in Cyprus, with a brief visit to Lebanon in 1987. The First Gulf War, which you probably know as Desert Storm. Northern Ireland, before and after the cease fire of 1994 and of course the Cold War in West Germany in the late eighties, although that mainly involved drinking lots of beer and partying a lot. And a few other places that are insignificant.

I, as a soldier, had a natural interest in the War between our two countries, and as you can understand it tended to be from the British side. I read all the books and articles and talked with many people who were there. Of course as time moves on and you get the bigger picture you want to find out more about both sides of the story.

There is sadly very little in the English language about the Argentine experiences of 1982. There are some exceptions that are now more widely available, Iluminados por el fuego, with English subtitles is an excellent example. I was incredibly moved by this movie.

A few years ago I met a beautiful woman from Buenos Aires, who I am now proud to call my wife. She gave me a small understanding of the passion the Malvinas evokes in Argentines. This spurred my interest in finding out more about the Argentine soldiers’ story.

Then yesterday I found a link on a British Army website I use, to this discussion. The rest of my day was lost as I was absorbed by the thread. You lot owe my company half a days wages.

I know the translators will have to work on this, so won’t bore them with anymore for now.

Can I finish by saying it’s a privilege to be able to join in this discussion and I hope I can add something constructive.

----

Hola, soy nuevo en este foro, pero he tomado el tiempo para leer este hilo muy, muy cuidadosamente y me alegra ver este nivel de entendimiento entre antiguos enemigos.

Estoy en deuda con una trampa, que ha patrocinado a participar en este debate. Gracias.

Soy un ex sargento en el ejército británico, y aunque no me sirven durante el conflicto en 1982, me incorporé a 2 años más tarde, en 1984, fui a conocer a muchos veteranos británicos de la época.

Mi experiencia militar fue el encargado de Paz de las Naciones Unidas en Chipre, con una breve visita a Líbano en 1987. La Primera Guerra del Golfo, que probablemente se conoce como la Tormenta del Desierto. Irlanda del Norte, antes y después del alto el fuego de 1994 y, por supuesto, la Guerra Fría en Alemania occidental a finales de los años ochenta, a pesar de que la mayoría de ellos de beber mucha cerveza y mucha fiesta. Y algunos otros lugares que son insignificantes.

Yo, como soldado, había un interés natural en la guerra entre nuestros dos países, y como se puede entender que tendía a ser de la parte británica. He leído todos los libros y artículos y hablado con muchas personas que estaban allí. Por supuesto que el tiempo pasa y usted tiene la mayor imagen que desee para obtener más información sobre ambos lados de la historia.

Existe, lamentablemente, muy poco en el idioma Inglés sobre las experiencias de Argentina 1982. Hay algunas excepciones que son ahora más ampliamente disponible, Iluminados por el fuego, con subtítulos en Inglés es un excelente ejemplo. Yo estaba increíblemente conmovida por esta película.

Hace algunos años conocí a una bella mujer de Buenos Aires, que ahora estoy orgulloso de llamar a mi esposa. Ella me dio una pequeña comprensión de la pasión que evoca a las Islas Malvinas en los argentinos. Esto estimuló mi interés en saber más acerca de los soldados argentinos historia.

Entonces ayer me encontré con un vínculo en una página web que el ejército británico en el uso, a este debate. El resto de mis días se perdió cuando estaba absorbida por el hilo. Le debemos mucho de mi compañía de medio día los salarios.

Sé que los traductores tendrán que trabajar en esto, por lo que no tenía con más por ahora.

¿Puedo terminar diciendo es un privilegio poder participar en este debate y espero poder añadir algo constructivo

reydelcastillo

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
Colaborador
RotorHead

It's an Honor to have you with us , feel yourself at Home -
Wright in English on any of the Sub - Forums , someone will pick it up and translate it to Spanish - Make any question you want -
It's so nice to know that your Lady is Argentinian -

Regards Enrique