Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

Let me know where to send them?

Does anyone know a safe way to send a small package to Argentina? I want to make sure these items reach the owner...I am not concerned about cost.

Help please.

Ken.

Try this Fed-Ex link. You'll have to fiddle around with the settings etc, but it should give you an approximation of costs and timings etc.

http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en

You may find that UPS and DHL have similar services.

Carta / Letter

Griffiths911

Please use a certified letter (British Post Office) or DHL. Any of them arrives well to destiny (around 10 days). I am just receiving mail from France (books) without problems.

I do not know the address.

¿Alguien conoce la dirección solicitada?

Regards / Saludos

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Griffiths911

Please use a certified letter (British Post Office) or DHL. Any of them arrives well to destiny (around 10 days). I am just receiving mail from France (books) without problems.

I do not know the address.

¿Alguien conoce la dirección solicitada?

Regards / Saludos

Thanks for the advice guys. (Merci, vont-elles comment vos études ?).

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Ken.

Try this Fed-Ex link. You'll have to fiddle around with the settings etc, but it should give you an approximation of costs and timings etc.

http://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en

You may find that UPS and DHL have similar services.

Cheers mate. Got a Fedex and DHL account at work.

Ken.

Answer / Respuesta

Thanks for the advice guys. (Merci, vont-elles comment vos études ?).
Ken.

De rien. Ils ont été très bien en 1986. Il y a déjà longtemps...Ce sont des livres déjà non publiés de la II Guerre Mondiale (Clostermann, Mouchotte et d´autres comme ca) Je les ai déjà lu mais c´est un petit plaisir qu´on se donne de temps en temps.
Salut et à +

Traducción: De nada. Ellos han sido muy buenos en 1986. Ya hace mucho tiempo... Son libros que ya no se publican de la 2da GM (Clostermann, Mouchotte y otros parecidos) Ya los lei pero es un pequeño placer que uno se da de tiempo en tiempo.
Saludos y hasta la próxima.

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
hi ken
sorry, today can not call with the gc 82 former comm try tomorrow against.
if you try to send these articles by post send you by pm a rigth adress.
kind regards
bagre

hola ken
disculpa, hoy no he podido hablar con el antiguo comandante del gc82 tratare mañana
otra vez. si tratas de mandar ese articulo por correo te mando por mp la direccion correcta.
saludos
bagre

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
De rien. Ils ont été très bien en 1986. Il y a déjà longtemps...Ce sont des livres déjà non publiés de la II Guerre Mondiale (Clostermann, Mouchotte et d´autres comme ca) Je les ai déjà lu mais c´est un petit plaisir qu´on se donne de temps en temps.
Salut et à +

Traducción: De nada. Ellos han sido muy buenos en 1986. Ya hace mucho tiempo... Son libros que ya no se publican de la 2da GM (Clostermann, Mouchotte y otros parecidos) Ya los lei pero es un pequeño placer que uno se da de tiempo en tiempo.
Saludos y hasta la próxima.

Merci. L'éducation est tout des messieurs. Dieu vous bénissent. :hurray:

Jualbo

Colaborador
Hola Ken:
Sobre los restos de un avión vistos por ti en la isla Boungaville, te puedo informar que en esa misma isla se encontraron restos de los tanques de combustible eyectados por el Dagger de Ardiles el 1 de mayo instantes antes del derribo. Ignoro si hay más restos de su avión en la zona.

Saludos

Hi Ken:
About the wreckage of a plane seen by you on Isla Bougainville (Lively Island), I can tell you that in that island were found the external fuel tanks jettisonned from Ardiles Dagger on 1st may before being downed. I don´t know if there are more parts from his plane in the zone.

Greetings

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Jualbo

Thanks for that information. I distinctly remember the woman on Isla Bougainville (Lively Island) telling me that when the aircraft crashed the whole island seemed to shake. At the time (late 1982) I did not even consider the event she was referring to was related to the actions taken by my ship...I didn't even ask her the date. I do recall that she told me that her husband picked up the undercarriage parts with his tractor.

These two people were Isla Bougainville (Lively Island)’s only inhabitants.

It was a long time ago, but that’s what I remember.

S

SnAkE_OnE

People, so that we can get the best out of this endeavor, we've created a new sub-forum to simplify and set a new enviroment where we can all expand our discussions regarding this subject on this remarkable day that changed forever the lives of thousands . Being this topic, an example of how productive can be for those who we are interested a fair and open discussion, with those who had been there.

Gente, para que podamos aprovechar al maximo este emprendimiento, creamos un nuevo subforo para simplificar y crear un nuevo ambiente donde podamos expandir las discusiones sobre este tema y en esta fecha tan importante que cambio la vida de miles de personas. Siendo un ejemplo de lo productivo que puede ser para quienes estamos interesados, una discusion directa y abierta de quienes han tenido estas vivencias.

Iconoclasta

Colaborador
People, so that we can get the best out of this endeavor, we've created a new sub-forum to simplify and set a new enviroment where we can all expand our discussions regarding this subject on this remarkable day that changed forever the lives of thousands . Being this topic, an example of how productive can be for those who we are interested a fair and open discussion, with those who had been there.

Gente, para que podamos aprovechar al maximo este emprendimiento, creamos un nuevo subforo para simplificar y crear un nuevo ambiente donde podamos expandir las discusiones sobre este tema y en esta fecha tan importante que cambio la vida de miles de personas. Siendo un ejemplo de lo productivo que puede ser para quienes estamos interesados, una discusion directa y abierta de quienes han tenido estas vivencias.

http://www.zona-militar.com/foros/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Jualbo

Colaborador
Ken, the Isla Bougainville (Lively Island) was visited by a 601 commandos company party from the Argentine Army. The green berets landed by helicopter around 5th or 6th may.
Incredibly, it seems that the coat arund the fuel tanks was still burning although had past 5 days from the date of Ardiles downing. If you could contact the habitants (if still alive or living in the islands) you could ask them about this special forces visit and the combat of Ardiles on 1st may.
Regards

Ken, la isla Boungaville fue visitada por una partida de la Cª 601 de comandos del Ejército Argentino. Los boinas verdes aterrizaron en helicóptero sobre el 5 o 6 de mayo.

Increiblemente, parece que la turba alrededor de los tanques estaba aún ardiendo aunque habían pasado 5 días desde el derribo de Ardiles. Si pudieses contactar a los habitantes (si todavía viven o lo hacen en las islas), podrías preguntarles sobre esta visita de las fuerzas especiales y el combate de Ardiles el 1 de mayo.
Recuerdos

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
A selection of pictures sent to me by my friend Jorge. I have many more.

I would like to know if these pictures have been seen by members of this forum before? I want to know this as I do not want to post pictures that you have all seen before.

Also, I would appreciate any comment that explains what is in the picture.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Prefecto Jorge Carrega

I found the other item (cap badge) that I have been looking for to send to Argentina. It was in the loft of my house in the last box I looked into!

I was so pleased with myself I took a picture this morning to share with you.

I have some concerns and would like to invite you all to give me reassurance and advice.

I am a British veteran of the conflict in 1982 sending a parcel to a senior officer of the PNA in Buenos Aries. The address I have appears to be the headquarters of the PNA. Questions:

(i) Will this present a security problem?

(ii) Will Prefecto Carrega actually get the parcel?

(iii) Is there a better way of doing this?

Many thanks in advance.

Jualbo

Colaborador
Photo 1: Agusta A-109 helos parked. The mountain in the back seems Dos Hermanas (Two Sisters). The house is puzzling.
Photo 2: Personal in an air transport (helo or plane?)
Photo 3: Helo dispersal area. I supose in Mt Kent. That´s where were attacked on 21st may. They were later redeployed to the hipodrom (horse racing) field in Stanley.
Photo 4: Same as photo 2
Photo 5: ARA General Belgrano crusiser on port.
Photo 6:Rescue of salvatage boats from ARA Belgrano from an unknown ship (in fact all survivors were picked by ARA Bouchard, ARA Piedrabuena and ARA Gurruchaga
Photo 7:An Argentine Navy Sea King deployed in the argentineans hospital ships "Bahía Paraíso" or "Almirante Irízar" during the conflict.

Some comments are obvious but don´t have any more info.

Foto 1: Helicópteros Agusta A-109 aparcados: La montaña de fondo parece Two Sister. La casa es desconcertante.
Foto 2: Personal en un transporte aéreo (avión o helicóptero)
Foto 3:Área de dispersión de helicópteros. Supongo que en Mt. Kent. Es donde fueron atacados el 21 de mayo. Después fueron redesplegados al hipódromo de Stanley
Foto 4: Igual que la foto 2
Foto 5:Crucero ARA General Belgrano en puerto
Foto 6: Rescate de los botes salvavidas del Belgrano desde un buque desconocido (de hecho todos los supervivientes fueron recogidos por el ARA Bouchard, el ARA Piedrabuena y el ARA Gurruchaga)
Foto 7: Helicóptero Sea King de la Armada argentina desplegado en los buques hospital Bahía Paraíso o Almirante Irízar, durante el conflicto.

Algunos comentarios son obvios pero no tengo más información.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Photo 2 and 4, possibly a Chinook. Are the troops using aircraft for shelter?
Astonishingly, one soldier is smoking a cigarette in a military aircraft!

Foto 2 y 4, posiblemente un Chinook. ¿Las tropas están utilizando los aviones para el abrigo? ¡Asombrosamente, un soldado está fumando un cigarrillo en un avión militar!

a question, there is an English forista veteran who has been in the submarine that sank the Gral Belgrano, is not to start a discussion but to know that order was and when it knew that the cruise was in the area esclucion? Again it is not to start a controversy but to know a little more. Gracias saludos

una pregunta, hay algun forista veterano inglés que haya estado en el submarino que hundió el Gral Belgrano, no es para iniciar una discución sino para saber que ordenes tenian y si sabian que el cruzero estaba en la zona de esclución? Repito no es para empezar una polémica sino para saber un poco más. Gracias saludos

Juanma

Colaborador
Colaborador
Ken, yes I'm pretty sure it's a Chinhook. (Army by the way the soldiers look like)
About using them as a shelter, well, we all agree that it's not the safest place.
Maybe the photo it's earlier than May 1st.
Another interesting detail is that two of them are using brand new rubber boots.

Ken, si, estoy bastante seguro de que es un Chinhook. (del ejercito por la manera en que se ven los soldados).
Sobre que lo esten usando como refugio, bueno, todos sabemos que no es el lugar mas seguro.
Tal vez la foto es de antes del 1ro de Mayo.
Otro detalle interesante es que dos de ellos están utilizando botas de goma nuevas.