Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

Iconoclasta

Colaborador
En este post solo se tratara el desarrollo del conflicto o tambien se hablara sobre los derechos Argentinos sobres las Islas Malvinas???

Me gustaria saberlo, ya que quisiera hacer una pregunta al respecto!

Desde ya muchas gracias...

Saludos!!! :cheers2:

Fer:sifone:

PD: para no usar un traductor online me gustaria que alguien me lo tradujera, nuevamente gracias!

----

This post is just the conflict or even be talking about the Argentine rights to the Malvinas?

I would like to know because I have a question about it!

From already thank you very much ...

Lee el reglamento en la primer pagina, esta terminantemente prohibido hablar de eso

----

Read the rules in the first sheet, is strictly forbidden to talk about it

Gracias Enrique!

Fer

----

Thank you Enrique!

Fer

---------- Post added at 02:48 ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 ----------

Lee el reglamento en la primer pagina, esta terminantemente prohibido hablar de eso

Disculpas lo ley apenas se abrio, y no lo recorde, leere el reglamento cada vez que formule una pregunta

Gracias

Welcomes to foristas British and mainly to veterans, my question are if some were under attack of IA-58 Pucara, that us can to count of that, if really were effective that attacks, and if they had already like a real preoccupation of this airplane in his actions when they advanced, from very many thanks
Rodrigo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bienvenidos a los foristas Británicos y principalmente a los veteranos, mi pregunta es si alguno estuvo bajo ataque de un IA-58 Pucara, que nos puede contar de eso, si realmente eran efectivos esos ataques, y si tenían como una real preocupación de este avión en sus acciones cuando avanzaban, desde ya muchísimas gracias
Rodrigo

Marcantilan

Colaborador
Colaborador
Por favor si alguien puede traducirlo

Quisiera saber si los británicos sabían la posición de la flota argentina el 1 de mayo ya que se iba a efectuar un ataque aeronaval por parte del 25 de mayo.

Desde ya mucha gracias

----

Please if someone can translate it

I wonder if the British knew the position of the Argentine fleet on May 1 as it was to carry out an attack aircraft from May 25.

thank you very much

http://www.zona-militar.com/foros/showthread.php?t=14833
<HR style="COLOR: #a9d4e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a9d4e5" SIZE=1>
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Posteado por Eternauta

Well, Sandy lost track of the Argentine CVA during nearly all May 1st - and he was very concerned about it. He knew (via SIGINT) the general area of ops of the CVBG, but he only pinpointed its position on early hours of May 2 (courtesy of Ian Mortimer - a NAS 801 jockey - who made radar contact after he was illuminated by a couple of 909 fire control radars)

----------

Sandy Woodward había perdido la posición exacta del "25 de Mayo". Dicha situación duró durante casi todo el dia 1 y se encontraba bastante preocupado por ello.

Sin embargo, conocía el área de operaciones del grupo de batalla.

Recién reencontro al PAL y a sus escoltas en las primeras horas del 2 de mayo, cuando Ian Mortimer, un piloto de Sea Harrier del NAS 801, en misión de búsqueda lo detectó (después que fuera iluminado por los radares de control tiro de un tipo 42)

Procer

Colaborador
We are here again, zonamilitar is back

----

Estamos aquí de nuevo, volvio zonamilitar

Jualbo

Colaborador
Hola de nuevo. Una pregunta que hasta el momento nadie ha podido responder. ¿Sabe alguno de nuestros amigos británicos la causa, fecha y circunstancias de la muerte del combatiente británico J. G. Browning?

Gracias

http://www.sama82.org/garden/2/5/6/home.htm

Hello again. One question that nobody has answered till now. Does anybody of our british friends know the cause, date and circumstancies in which the british combatant J.G. Browning dead?

Thank you.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
First of all welcome to the Forum!
Since I read your role as a Radar Operator at the HMS Cardiff, and in reference to the incident of 22 may '82:

"On 22 May, an Argentine reconnaissance Boeing 707, no. TC-92 of the Argentine Air Force's Grupo 1, De Transporte Aereo Escuadron II (Spanish for "2nd Air Transport Squadron, Group 1"), was fired on by Cardiff. The aircraft was detected while shadowing the Bristol Group, and Cardiff was ordered to drop back and engage."

I'd like to ask you if you can contribute developing a little bit more about the detection time, the aircraft identification and firing procedures used on the South Atlantic conflict and more precisely on this particular incident.

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Brigadas Internacionales

Antes que nada, bienvenido al Foro!
Desde que lei su rol como Operador de Radar en el HMS Cardiff, y en referencia al incidente del 22 de mayo del '82:

"El 22 de mayo, un Boeing 707 de reconocimiento, no. TC-92 del Grupo 1, De Transporte Aereo Escuadron II, fue atacado por el buque. El avion fue detectado cuando volava sobre el grupo Bristol y el Cardiff fue ordenado de retrasarse y atacar."

Le quisiera preguntar si podria contribuir con el desarrollo de los siguientes temas: el tiempo de deteccion, y los procedimientos de identificacion y ataque usados en el conflicto del Atlantico Sur y mas precisamente en este incidente en particular.

Desde ya muchas gracias y saludos,

Brigadas Internacionales

The time? It was in the afternoon.

In Cardiff the Operations room was very alert that day. For why we (the operators) did not know. The Arg 707 was transmiting on a radar (weather radar?). HMS Bristol was senior to us and for some very strange reason was not happy with the identity of the 707 - they were worried that it could be a commercial flight.

In Cardiff we went to war. My Captain was agressive and dismissive about Bristol's doubts.

----

El horario? Fue en la tarde.

En Cardiff, la sala de operaciones estaba muy alerta ese día. Por qué nosotros (los operadores) no sabiamos. El 707 fue Arg trasmitia por radar (radar meteorológico?). HMS Bristol fue superior a nosotros y no estaba contento con la identificacion de los 707 - estaban preocupados de que se tratara de un vuelo comercial.

En Cardiff nos fuimos a la guerra. Mi capitán fue agresivo y despectiva acerca de las dudas de Bristol.

LUPIN

Merodeador...
Colaborador
I have just found this topic! It's great! It's a pity I don't have internet at home! (cant get in a contract and pre-paid is soooo fxxxxx expensive!

-----------------------------------------------------

recien encuentro este topic! Mooooii bueno! Una pena que no tengo internet en casa...

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
The time? It was in the afternoon.

In Cardiff the Operations room was very alert that day. For why we (the operators) did not know. The Arg 707 was transmiting on a radar (weather radar?). HMS Bristol was senior to us and for some very strange reason was not happy with the identity of the 707 - they were worried that it could be a commercial flight.

In Cardiff we went to war. My Captain was agressive and dismissive about Bristol's doubts.

----

El horario? Fue en la tarde.

En Cardiff, la sala de operaciones estaba muy alerta ese día. Por qué nosotros (los operadores) no sabiamos. El 707 fue Arg trasmitia por radar (radar meteorológico?). HMS Bristol fue superior a nosotros y no estaba contento con la identificacion de los 707 - estaban preocupados de que se tratara de un vuelo comercial.

En Cardiff nos fuimos a la guerra. Mi capitán fue agresivo y despectiva acerca de las dudas de Bristol.

I wrote this on another forum in 2007. Maybe I could elaborate, if requested, further from here:

With regards to the Boeing 707 incident on the 22nd May, we had been closing the TEZ with the Bristol Group and had been alerted to the fact that an Argentine 707 was airborne (I think Coventry had tried to engage it earlier that day, but had a problem with her launcher). We picked up the 707 radar and eventually the aircraft on radar......I couldn't believe it, they were flying right towards us at 20,000ft plus, it was a 'down the throat' shot. We asked Bristol if we could engage and got a 'Hold Fire' response, for some reason her Captain was not happy about the ID. Our Captain was absolutely 'gobsmacked'. The 707 closed to inside thirty miles, had a bloody good look at us then skirted around the group keeping around thirty miles plus distance. Our captain had seen enough and turned Cardiff ninety degrees to starboard and stopped. The 707 was now opening on a reciprocal heading to the group. The group sailed on and when they were about 10nm away and the 707 was now about 40nm, it turned back in and closed. At 35nm it appeared to turn slightly to starboard.......that was enough for the Captain he ordered two darts away. As soon as we launched the first dart they turned away sharply and the 909's recorded a rapid decrease in height, we watched the missiles on our radar open towards the target at amazing velocity. The first one exploded (you can see this on radar) about three to four miles astern of the target. The second, by now being very verbally urged on by the lads seemed to merge and explode.

It is very likely the crew saw the first missile launch and the pilot initiated an almost suicidal dive for the sea. This manoeuvre and the fact we fired at extreme range saved the aircraft and her crew. They would not have survived if Captain Grose had not been so cautious. By the way whilst all this was going on HMS Bristol fired two Sea Darts at two closing contacts, this turned our to be interference from other 992 radars in the group and was a problem at that time..........was Invincible reacting the same?

Rear Admiral Mike Harris 2002, Commanding Officer HMS Cardiff 1982:

----

Escribí esto en otro foro en 2007. Tal vez pueda ampliar un poco más, si lo solicitan.
Con referencia al incidente del 707 el 22 de Mayo nos estábamos acercando a la Zona de Exclusión (nota: creo que TEZ es eso) con el grupo del Bristolhabíamos sido advertidos de un 707. (creo que el Coventry trató de derribarlo más temprano, pero tuvo un problema con el lanzador.) Nosotros detectamos el radar del 707 y eventualmente el avión mismo en el radar. No podía creerlo, estabav volando a más de 20.000 pies directo a nosotros, era un disparo “down the throat” (Aclaración: es una expresión de los submarinistas de WW2 que se refería a disparar torpedos a un barco que se dirigía frontalmente a ellos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_the_throat ). Pedimos al Bristol permiso para disparar y nos die ron orden de esperar. Por algún motivo el capitán no estaba convencido de la identificación. Nuestro capitán estaba absolutamente helado por la sorpresa de esa respuesta. El 707 se adentró en las 30 millas, nos dio un buen vistazo y luego dio vueltas alrededor del grupo manteniendo la distancia a más de 30 millas. Nuestro capitán se cansó y giró 90 grados a estribor y se detuvo. El 707 estaba en un curso recíproco con el grupo (de frente). El grupo siguió navegando y cuando estaban a 10 millas y el 7070 a 40 millas, se dio vuelta y se acercó. Cuando estaba a 35 millas pareció que giraba a estribor ligeramente… eso fue demasiado para el capitán, que ordenó dispara dos Sea Dart. Ni bien lanzamos el primero ellos giraron bien cerrado y el 909 detectó un rápido descenso. Vimos los misiles en nuestro radar dirigiéndose al blancoa una velocidad asombrosa. EL primero explotó (Lo puedes ver en el radar) a tres o cuatro millas detrás. El segundo, alentado verbalmente por la tripulación, pareció unírsele y explotó.
Es muy probable que la tripulación viera el primer lanzamiento y el piloto inició una picada al mar casi suicida. Esta maniobra y el hecho que disparamos al extremo del alcance salvó al avión y la tripulación. No habrían sobrevivido si el capitán Grose (Bristol) no hubiese sido tan precavido.
Por cierto, mientras pasabe esto el Bristol disparó dos Sea Dart a dos blancos que se aproximaban, que terminaron siendo interferencia de otros radares 992 en el grupo, lo que en esa época fue un problema…..el Invencible reaccionó de la misma manera?

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
HMS Cardiff Operations Room March 1982

The surface plot - I am nearest the camera.

Twenty five years later, Cardiff's Operations Room is being dismantled.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Captain Harris informs his sailors that we have to sail from Mombassa and go to the South Atlantic:

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 ----------

1982 HMS Sheffield (right) meets HMS Cardiff in the Red Sea. We throw eggs and potatoes at each other. This was the last time I saw the Sheffield.

I give this information yesterday on other topic, but I think it deserve to be on this one too.

The remains of 1st Lt. Jorge Casco will be buried at the Darwin Cemetery on Saturday March 7. His remains were discovered by the UK military on South Jason Island to the far North West of the Malvinas.

At the Argentine Government's request, the remains were returned to Argentina for DNA testing. Following confirmation that they belonged to 1st Lt. Casco, his family requested that his remains be buried at Darwin. Partial remains of 1st Lt. Casco were buried in the cemetery after they were discovered in 1982.

A spokesperson from Government House in Stanley, Mr Paul Martinez, said, “In line with previous protocol and in accordance with the Geneva Convention, the UK Military will provide full military honours during the burial which will include a firing party on the ground. 1st Lt. Casco's widow and close family members will attend the ceremony, accompanied by an interpreter. They will travel to and from the Islands on a private civil aircraft.”

Rest in peace!

----

Ya puse esta info en otro lado, pero creo que también merece estar aquí. Los restos de primer teniente Jorge Casco serán sepultados en el cementerio de Darwin el 7 de Marzo. Sus restos fueron descubiertos por militares británicos en Isla Sebaldina del Sur (¿es Rasa? Ayuden los toponímicos) al noroeste de las Malvinas. A pedido del gobierno argentino, los restos volvieron a la Argentina para un test de ADN. Luego de la confirmación de que eran del primer teniente Casco, los familiares pidieron que fueran sepultados en Darwin. Los restos parciales del primer teniente Casco serán sepultados en el cementerio después de haber sido descubiertos en 1982.
El vocero del gobernador en Stanley, Sr Paul Martínez, dijo "alineado con los protocolos previos y de acuerdo a la Convención de Ginebra, las fuerzas armadas británicas le rendirán honores militares completos durante el sepelio, lo que incluirá disparos de salva. La viuda de Casco y los familiares cercanos asistirán a la ceremonia, acompañados de un intérprete. Viajarán a las islas en un avión civil privado.
Que en paz descanse!

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
I give this information yesterday on other topic, but I think it deserve to be on this one too.

The remains of 1st Lt. Jorge Casco will be buried at the Darwin Cemetery on Saturday March 7. His remains were discovered by the UK military on South Jason Island to the far North West of the Malvinas.

At the Argentine Government's request, the remains were returned to Argentina for DNA testing. Following confirmation that they belonged to 1st Lt. Casco, his family requested that his remains be buried at Darwin. Partial remains of 1st Lt. Casco were buried in the cemetery after they were discovered in 1982.

A spokesperson from Government House in Stanley, Mr Paul Martinez, said, “In line with previous protocol and in accordance with the Geneva Convention, the UK Military will provide full military honours during the burial which will include a firing party on the ground. 1st Lt. Casco's widow and close family members will attend the ceremony, accompanied by an interpreter. They will travel to and from the Islands on a private civil aircraft.”

Rest in peace!

Rest peacefully 1st Lt. Jorge Casco, your duty done Sir.

----

Descanse el paz, primer teniente Jorge Casco. Su deber está cumplido, Señor.

Brigadas Internacionales

Forista Sancionado o Expulsado
Mr. Griffiths911,

Thank you for the info provided. 1st hand experiences of Veterans are invaluable.
Regards,

B.I

Sr. Griffiths911,

Gracias for la informacion suministrada. Las experiencias de primera mano de los veteranos son invaluables...
Saludos,

B.I

gabotdf

Miembro notable
The surface plot - I am nearest the camera.
I wonder why you weren't wearing "fire-proof" clothes. Is it because you were still on your way to South Altantic? Or you never wear it during the campaign?

me pregunto por qué no estás usando ropa antiflama. ¿Es porque todavía estaban en camino al Atlántico Sur? O no la usaron en toda la guerra?

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
It was March 1982. Pay attention please Sir.

----

Era marzo de 1982. Preste atención por favor, señor.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Sea Dart blast damage HMS Cardiff 1982:

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Radar men, HMS Cardiff early 1982:

How different things would be:

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

A clue that this is a British Type 42.

---------- Post added at 14:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Two iconic images
Dos imágenes emblemáticas