Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

reydelcastillo

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
Colaborador
El Tornado Blanco

Tornado Blanco , it's Ok , keep on translating , many times Iconoclaust or Gabotof are not in line and we need a translator - You are doing a great Job , you are helping us a lot -
Even if after a translation , someone makes an adjustment it's fine -
You are helping us a lot -

Are you ready to translate from Chinese to Spanish ?

Regards Enrique -

Enrique

Are you ready to translate from Chinese to Spanish ?
non eso non , solo se desiderabile lui lo inscatolare tradurre verso Italiano jajaja

non se tanti l`italiano,cosi cosi....se lui simile...:yonofui:

Fer

O.T.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
2 June 1982. HMS Cardiff is on radar ambush off Puerto Argentino. We fire two Seadarts at this aircraft. One when it was landing and one when it was taking off. We missed with both, can anyone tell me if the crew knew anything about our attempt to kill them?

2 June 1982. HMS Cardiff is on radar ambush off Puerto Argentino. We fire two Seadarts at this aircraft. One when it was landing and one when it was taking off. We missed with both, can anyone tell me if the crew knew anything about our attempt to kill them?

2 de junio de 1982. HMS Cardiff tiende una emboscada frente a Puerto Argentino. Nosotros teniamos dos Seadarts listo para abrir fuego en este avión. Uno cuando fue aterrizar y otro cuando fue el despegue. Hemos perdido con ambos, puede alguien decirme si la tripulación sabía algo acerca de nuestro intento de derivarlos(matarlos)?

preloader

Colaborador
Griffiths911 dijo.
" TORNADOBLANCO ", El de tu avatar es el oficial que hizo el gesto ante la camara?
Es fabuloso ( great grande de grandeza en realidad). Sos vos?

Griffiths911

First of all I would say that I use online translator, and I apologize for my herrores!

No, not me, it's an image that I remain etched guy, and if the same officer who made that gesture and we hope to know ..... I understand, and is not a form of disrespect, It is not my intention ..

But if the picture is fabulous ...

My greetings and respect ...

Fernando

Buitreaux

Forista Sancionado o Expulsado
‘The white tornado’. Your AVATAR is the officer who makes a gesture at the camera?

It's great. Is it you?

Griffiths911, there's a whole story on that. In this forum, I saw the video of the interview to that Officer, the then 1st Lt. Carlos Federico Domínguez Lacreu, of the RI 25th.

He explains that, while he was comanding the troops, to surrender the weapons, and walk tall, some BBC reporters had set up behind him, without him noticing, since the cease fire was implemented.

When he saw them, he just intended to ruin that film, so that they couldn't use it, and never believed that they would just leave it like that.

He excused himself saying that he just wanted to express his anger, ruin the film, but in the end it stood. He finished by saying that he was a 1st lt, young, and temperamental!

Here is link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxyEK1-av0

Diego (Buitreaux)

PS: I do have a question, could anyone care to comment on how was the ZA-192 Sea Harrier lost? All I know, is that it was lost when it crashed on the sea, killing Lt Cdr Gordon Batt, maybe while taking off. Also, was this the machine used by Lt Morgan on the 1st of May, that took AA fire on the tail?

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
First of all I would say that I use online translator, and I apologize for my herrores!

No, not me, it's an image that I remain etched guy, and if the same officer who made that gesture and we hope to know ..... I understand, and is not a form of disrespect, It is not my intention ..

But if the picture is fabulous ...

My greetings and respect ...

Fernando

If I was in his position...I would want to do the same. Why did you choose 'ELTORNADOBLANCO'?

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Griffiths911, there's a whole story on that. In this forum, I saw the video of the interview to that Officer, the then 1st Lt. Carlos Federico Domínguez Lacreu, of the RI 25th.

He explains that, while he was comanding the troops, to surrender the weapons, and walk tall, some BBC reporters had set up behind him, without him noticing, since the cease fire was implemented.

When he saw them, he just intended to ruin that film, so that they couldn't use it, and never believed that they would just leave it like that.

He excused himself saying that he just wanted to express his anger, ruin the film, but in the end it stood. He finished by saying that he was a 1st lt, young, and temperamental!

Here is link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxyEK1-av0

Diego (Buitreaux)

Diego,

I love that video!

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

PS: I do have a question, could anyone care to comment on how was the ZA-192 Sea Harrier lost? All I know, is that it was lost when it crashed on the sea, killing Lt Cdr Gordon Batt, maybe while taking off. Also, was this the machine used by Lt Morgan on the 1st of May, that took AA fire on the tail?

Buitreaux friend, go back a few posts:cheers2:

Griffiths911

First of all I would say that you are finding a very smart way to reach me ..... and I made this! lol

It is actually a legend or story that happened in the late 60s, more precisely 69 years .... Nurburgring in Germany at that time ran the 84 hours of that place .... Argentina participated in this 3 race cars of domestic manufacture ..... Who was the best team that pilot of all times, Juan Manuel Fangio, I think you should know.

This car was the only one to finish all the laps, but despite that was disqualified by noises in the exhaust pipe .... This car is a TORINO, De la France Reanult ..... this car was in side the number 3 .... those 3 cars were involved, with the numbers 1, 2 and 3, because they said they were going to be the first 3 cars in desert!

If you can spend like a link to it you know this story and not occupy this post!

Here I leave an image of it

[img=http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/3/19/elfantasma/t_torino3m_03cc8ed.jpg]

Best regards

Fer

gabotdf

Miembro notable
And i guess it was powered with a Tornado engine. So a white (= blanco in spanish) car with a Tornado engine.
Y supongo que tenía el motor Tornado. Entonces un motor Tornado en un auto Blanco

Asi es.....

Fer

---------- Post added at 06:57 ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 ----------

Respectfully, were there any casualties?

If I remember well that was shut down by harrier at Pradera del Ganso (Goose Green), and no, there were no victims,I try to find the information and paste it here!

Fer

PD: It's a helicopter shot down in kent mountain in May 1982

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
First of all I would say that you are finding a very smart way to reach me ..... and I made this! lol

It is actually a legend or story that happened in the late 60s, more precisely 69 years .... Nurburgring in Germany at that time ran the 84 hours of that place .... Argentina participated in this 3 race cars of domestic manufacture ..... Who was the best team that pilot of all times, Juan Manuel Fangio, I think you should know.

This car was the only one to finish all the laps, but despite that was disqualified by noises in the exhaust pipe .... This car is a TORINO, De la France Reanult ..... this car was in side the number 3 .... those 3 cars were involved, with the numbers 1, 2 and 3, because they said they were going to be the first 3 cars in desert!

If you can spend like a link to it you know this story and not occupy this post!

Here I leave an image of it

[img=http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/3/19/elfantasma/t_torino3m_03cc8ed.jpg]

Best regards

Fer

We all need to reach out more.:sifone:

Griffiths911

So is better to try to reach port!

It will be up tomorrow, you have good day or night, depends on your time zone ..

Fer:sifone:

---------- Post added at 07:53 ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 ----------

Thunder lo acabo de ver, me a dejado solo el dia de hoy!!!
Espero andes bien, te dejo un abrazo enorme....:grouphug:

Fer

thunder

Miembro del Staff
Moderador
Tornado

Como Va fer !
Acabo de llegar !

Hello Fer
I have just came

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Hi Tornado / Ken / Thunder

I also just made it - Ken has several questions -

We wil need Pantanglen , Cosmicomet and several more to pinch in information -

Thanks Enrique

Juanma

Colaborador
Colaborador
Construction number cg.102
First Flight 1979
Registration AE-521

Details
fly to Malvinas/Malvinas 18apr82, destroyed on ground by a Harrier 21may82 near Mt.Kent

I'll try to find out more with the reg number.

Some pictures
http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/AE521.html

Update
Was disabled by cannon fire.
Destroyed by bomb.

Don't think that any killed or wounded in that action as it should be mentioned.
I'll look up a bit more

Source
http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/history/aircraft/argentina/argentina.html

Patanglén

soʌ sɐʇsǝ ɐʇlǝnʌ opɐp oɥɔǝɹǝp lɐ ʎoʇsǝ oʎ
Colaborador
About the Ejercito's helicopters vs Harriers encounters, the CAE was a very lucky unit suffering heavy loses in aircrafts and material damage. But in human casualties terms they suffered only a one light wounded crew member.

The main tragedy suffered by the CAE group was the loss of the Puma and the whole crew, shooted down during may 9.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Con respecto a los encuentros entre helicópteros del Ejército vs Harriers, el CAE tuvo mucha suerte, sufriendo pesadas pérdidas en material y aeronaves perdidas. Pero hablando de bajas humanas, sufrieron sólo un miembro de la tripulación ligeramente herido.

La mayor tragedia sufrida por el CAE fue la pérdida de un Puma junto a toda su tripulación, derribado el 9 de mayo.

Saludos