Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

reydelcastillo

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
Colaborador
New Question / Pregunta nueva

Gabotof , Delta Whisky did not know an accion that took place on a ship known as Hercules ( Tanker ) Can we bring the info here , what ever photos are available that can be shown - In this matter who ever has info will be helpfull -

Gabotof , delta Whisky no sabia del Hercules - Petrolero barco - podemos traer aca el relato y las fotos del caso ? Para aquellos que tengan fotos de los C 130 y relatos de este evento , aun en castellano si los pudiesemos traer aca - Gracias Enrique

gabotdf

Miembro notable
I am trying to be objective. It's hard at times being here...we fought each other and lost friends. If I met an Argentine veteran today I would put my arms around him and cry.
That's how I feel.
Trato de ser objetivo. A veces es difícil estar acá. Peleamos uno contra el otro y perdimos amigos. Si hoy me encontrara con un veterano argentino lo abrazaría y lloraría.
Así es cómo me siento

I feel the same way , I would say most of the Veterans feel that way -
Back then Soldiers from both Countries were executing orders from their Goverments , and today we are having the oportunity to bring together accounts of what all of us have lived -
twenty seven years after the conflict , and becoming a little bit olders we realize and value live -
What has happen , has happen we can not live with those sad things , we can not change them -
A big Hug Ken = Enrique
Yo me siento igual, yo diría que la mayoría de los veteranos se siente así.
En aquél entonces, los soldados de ambos países ejecutábamos órdenes de nuestros gobiernos, hoy tenemos oportunidad de juntos poder dar testimonio de lo que todos nosotros vivimos.
27 años después del conflicto, ya un poco más grandes, nos damos cuenta y valoramos la vida.
Lo que pasó, pasó. No podemos vivir con esas cosas tristes, no podemos cambiarlas.
Un gran abrazo, Ken

Argos

Colaborador
Colaborador
Edited::banghead:

Many thanks for this information. It is very sad, but the fact is we tried very hard to shoot those guys down.

As the years have past I have been pleased that me missed the B707 and the re-supply aircraft.

I have a close friend who served in HMS Minerva and it was his ship that vectored a pair of Sea Harriers on to a C130 that resulted in the whole crew being killed. My friend has terrible problems living with the guilt of the deaths of these fine men. I am happy to not have the same problems.

Griffitsh 911, thank you for this comment. It is a sensitive point for us, his words to respect mean much.

The shot down of the C-130 generates many debates about whether it was ethically correct, and whether ethics mattered little.
The fact that men who participated in the destruction they have the same discussion, brings us as human beings

Again, thank you very much.

Greetings. Pablo.

P.D: forgiveness for my English translator.

Griffiths 911, gracias por este comentario. Es un punto sensible para nosotros, sus palabras al respecto significan mucho.

El derribo del C130 genero muchos debates acerca de si era eticamente correcto, y si la etica importaba algo.
El hecho de que los hombres que participaron en su destruccion tengan los mismos debates, nos acerca como humanos.

De nuevo, muchos gracias.

Jualbo

Colaborador
Hola a todos.
Como dijo Santiago muy interesante la información posteada por Cosmicomet.
Sería bueno identificar la fecha y ubicación en latitud y longitud del incidente del C-130. Con la ayuda de los foristas británicos tal vez pudiéramos llegar a identificar el blanco.

Sobre el libro que gentilmente han ofrecido:
http://www.orionbooks.co.uk/MP-40116/Hostile-Skies.htm
http://www.britains-smallwars.com/swbooks/extract_hostileskies.html

Saludos

Hi everybody.
As Santiago told, the info posted by Cosmicomet is very interesting. It would be good to identify the date and lattitude and lenght of the C-130 incident. With the help of the british members perhaps we could get to odentify the target.
About the book gently offered:

Greetings

Hola a todos.
Como dijo Santiago muy interesante la información posteada por Cosmicomet.
Sería bueno identificar la fecha y ubicación en latitud y longitud del incidente del C-130. Con la ayuda de los foristas británicos tal vez pudiéramos llegar a identificar el blanco.

Sobre el libro que gentilmente han ofrecido:

Saludos

Hi everybody.
As Santiago told, the info posted by Cosmicomet is very interesting. It would be good to identify the date and lattitude and lenght of the C-130 incident. With the help of the british members perhaps we could get to odentify the target.
About the book gently offered:

Greetings

With the information I have I assume the ship they saw was HMS Glasgow returning home.

thunder

Miembro del Staff
Moderador
Jorge58

Aquí una imagen de nuestro forista VGM Jorge58 desde cerca de Al Khobaar que aportó Reydelcastillo.-

Jorge es el de la derecha. !

Here is a picture of our forist Jorge58 (war veteran) from near Al Khobar graciously contributed Reydelcastillo (war veteran) .-

Jorge is on the right. !

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Thunder

Thunder muchas gracias , asi que es el de la derecha no ?

Thank's thunder , he is the one on the right , is that correct -

We love you Jorge !!!!!!!!
Te queremos Jorge !!!!!!!!

g lock

Colaborador
There's no possible mistake...
The other in tehe picture is female...
:D
(We really apreciate you, Jorge!!)

No hay error posible...
El otro en la foto es hembra...
:D
(Te queremos, realmente, Jorge!!)

thunder

Miembro del Staff
Moderador
G Lock En que teatro de operaciones aprendiste eso ?!?!?!? ja ja

G Lock.
In that operations theater learn that ?!?!?!? ja ja

Argos

Colaborador
Colaborador
Aquí una imagen de nuestro forista VGM Jorge58 desde cerca de Al Khobaar que aportó Reydelcastillo.-

Jorge es el de la derecha. !

Here is a picture of our forist Jorge58 (war veteran) from near Al Khobar graciously contributed Reydelcastillo (war veteran) .-

Jorge is on the right. !

Gracias por la aclaracion... el parecido es asombroso!!! :biggrinjester: :smilielol5:

Thanks for clarification ... the resemblance is amazing!!!

cosmiccomet74

Colaborador
Colaborador
SantiagoAR,
The C130H Bomber was modified in Cordoba with a big secrecy. The crew of that airplane didn't know its existence until they saw the bomber in CBA.
The selected crew was given days off at the end of May so they were playing "tennis" in Palomar when they were moved to Cordoba in a Guarani.
The "Bomber" flew a couple of test flights dropping the bombs and then it was redeployed fot its mission. I don't know what base it was.

The Recce mission was given to the B707 which were flying in the Atlantic trying to pic the Queen Elizabeth or other big suppy ship.
The Camberra were the real bomber and the C130H were the killers.
If the Camberra missed the tarket or the tarjet was not seriouly damaged and not other warships were in the zone, the C130 Bomber had the job of killing the transport ship.

In one of those missions, the C130 Captain made several bomb runs to be sure that at least one bomb hit the target.
They hit the ship but not a single bomb exploded.

Santiago AR,
El C130H Bombardero fue modificado en Cordoba manteniendo un gran secreto. La tripulacion del avion no supo de su existencia hasta que vieron el avion en CBA.

La tripulacion seleccionada estaba de dias libres a fines de Mayo, por lo que jugaban tennis en el Palomar cuando fueron movidos a Cordoba en un Guarani.
El Bombardero volo un par de test flights lanzando las bombas y luego fue volado a su base de despliegue, la cual desconosco.

La mision de reconocimiento fue dada a los B707 que volaban el Atlantico tratando de localizar al Queen Elizabeth u otro gran transporte de suministros.
Los Camberra fueron los reales bombarderos y el C130 era el matador.
Si el Camberra fallaba o el blanco no era seriamente daniado y no habia barcos de guerra en la zona, el C130 Bombardero tenia el trabajo de matar al transporte.

En una de esas misiones, el Capitan del C130 hizo varias pasadas sobre el barco para asegurarse que al menos una bomba impactara en el blanco.
Ellos acertaron en el barco pero ninguna bomba exploto.

SantiagoAR,
The C130H Bomber was modified in Cordoba with a big secrecy. The crew of that airplane didn't know its existence until they saw the bomber in CBA.
The selected crew was given days off at the end of May so they were playing "tennis" in Palomar when they were moved to Cordoba in a Guarani.
The "Bomber" flew a couple of test flights dropping the bombs and then it was redeployed fot its mission. I don't know what base it was.

The Recce mission was given to the B707 which were flying in the Atlantic trying to pic the Queen Elizabeth or other big suppy ship.
The Camberra were the real bomber and the C130H were the killers.
If the Camberra missed the tarket or the tarjet was not seriouly damaged and not other warships were in the zone, the C130 Bomber had the job of killing the transport ship.

In one of those missions, the C130 Captain made several bomb runs to be sure that at least one bomb hit the target.
They hit the ship but not a single bomb exploded.

Santiago AR,
El C130H Bombardero fue modificado en Cordoba manteniendo un gran secreto. La tripulacion del avion no supo de su existencia hasta que vieron el avion en CBA.

La tripulacion seleccionada estaba de dias libres a fines de Mayo, por lo que jugaban tennis en el Palomar cuando fueron movidos a Cordoba en un Guarani.
El Bombardero volo un par de test flights lanzando las bombas y luego fue volado a su base de despliegue, la cual desconosco.

La mision de reconocimiento fue dada a los B707 que volaban el Atlantico tratando de localizar al Queen Elizabeth u otro gran transporte de suministros.
Los Camberra fueron los reales bombarderos y el C130 era el matador.
Si el Camberra fallaba o el blanco no era seriamente daniado y no habia barcos de guerra en la zona, el C130 Bombardero tenia el trabajo de matar al transporte.

En una de esas misiones, el Capitan del C130 hizo varias pasadas sobre el barco para asegurarse que al menos una bomba impactara en el blanco.
Ellos acertaron en el barco pero ninguna bomba exploto.

La base desde la que operaron fue siempre El Palomar. Solamente en una misión operaron con los Canberra, que fue el 8 de junio contra el petrolero Hercules. También fue la unica en la cual los Boeing 707 efectuaron un reconocimiento previo, el día 7, volaron el TC-91 y el TC-92 con indicativos Buque 1 y 2. Los Boeing detectaron al Hercules y guiaron a los aviones al ataque. Fue esa la 7º y ultima misión del TC-68 como bombardero y la unica de los Canberra en interdiccion marítima. Previamente el 29 de junio el TC-68 había alcanzado al British Wye y el 31 avistaron al destructor que supongo era el Glasgow.

The base where the flew was always El Palomar. Only in one mission they flew with the Canberras, on June 8th against the Hercules tanker. This also was the only mission in which the Boeing 707 made a previous reconnaissance, on the 7th, flying the plkanes TC-91 and TC-92 with callsigns Buique 1 and 2. The Boeings detected the Herculs and guided the attack planes to her. That was the 7th and last mission of TC-68 as a bomber and the only of the Canberras of maritime interdiction. Previously on June 29th the TC-68 scored a hit on British Wye and on the 31st they saw that destroyer that I suppose was the Glasgow.

We return to produce them to ask to the invited English foristas

Como ustedes recordarán, cuando se hacía de noche, los británicos tiraban bengalas para iluminar el campo de batalla y/o para generar un impacto psicológico.

Bueno, yo recuerdo que un par de veces ví un suceso muy extraño. Era como una especie de bengala que estaba hacia el oeste de Puerto Argentino, formando un ángulo de unos 40º con el horizonte y no caía; estaba ahí como "colgada" e iluminaba la zona de los montes Dos Hermanas (Two Sisters) y compañía.

Repito: Quedaba suspendida, pero no caía. Nunca supe que era. Algún día lo sabré.
This no(any) only is A question, If no A curiosity

Since(As) you they will remember, when it was done by night, the Britishers were throwing(shooting) flares to illuminate the field of battle y/o to generate a psychological impact. Well, I remember that a couple of times I saw a very strange event. It was like a species(kind) of flare that was towards the west of Argentine Port, forming an angle of approximately 40 º with the horizon and it(he,she) was not falling down; it(she) was there "like "hung" and was illuminating the zone of the mounts Dos Hermanas (Two Sisters) and company. I repeat: She Was Remaining suspended(astonish), but it(he,she,I) was not falling down. I never knew that it(he,she) was. Some day I will know it. Maybe when the english men disqualify the files...

---------- Post added at 06:38 ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 ----------

There is a ralato that we do not prune to extend, I expect you can contribute mas theirs information...
( Again I ask you for excuses spor the mistakes that they should can find)

For Oscar teves:

The march was going to do now days, deployed in battle formation, with the fear of being discovered at any moment. Suddenly, the soldier told Bergera Reyes:
- My second lieutenant, I think we are following ...
The officer had a look at the telescope that he had taken the Royal Marines barracks at Moody Brook, and saw the rear. After about three thousand yards away, saw a formation of enemy infantry in open approach consists of about twenty personnel. Reyes then decided to accelerate the step to try to reach a stage that is observed later, but meters, a stream them off the road. Faced with the despair of being achieved before they decided to cross it possible because they are not warned of any other possibility of escape. The water was deeper than expected and the fact of knowing that would be completely wet were added two or three factors that aggravated the situation. Cape Godoy, not swimming very well, could hardly be rescued something similar happening with the soldier Alarcon, who had to be assisted by Reyes at the crossing. Alarcon lost his rifle in the deep channel andalusia caérsele of his hands, which was swollen and sore. The conscript Cepeda, the last of the row, tried to find him but all his attempts were in vain. Two hundred meters further, a rock formation a little higher than the surrounding land gave them the shelter they were seeking, and began to prepare for what they thought a meeting inevitable. The amount of ammunition they carry no predicted a long struggle but try to defend as best as possible.
The group was now an enemy at less than four meters and suddenly began to hear intense automatic weapons fire. Hidden and frozen by the cold, the Argentine soldiers were not enough to understand what was going on, but saw that the British patrol suffered its first casualties as a result of the attack they were receiving. Moments later, sunk by gunfire from machine guns and rifles, the fraction underwent an accurate mortar fire, until the silence fell again in the place. Shortly afterwards, made their entrance on stage two British helicopters, supposedly health service, and they could understand what happened by shouts and gestures of the protagonists of the weekend: the pursuit of Reyes and his men had fallen into an ambush own , which was prevented by Argentine troops almost like a miracle. In a few minutes, the British troops erected around and in the field were marked only the impacts of the mortars (5).

- - --

(5) Perhaps the action is recorded by Patrick Bishop and John Witherow in "The winter war: the Malvinas," when mentioning that, days after the landing, patrols of the companies A and C of the 3rd Battalion Paracai collided near-lists San Carlos, and the confrontation that took nine British soldiers were wounded, two of them in the head.

------------------------------------------------------------

Por Oscar teves

http://www.zona-militar.com/foros/...=1553&page=106

Post # 1588

Este es el post origianl para aquellos que quieran ver el tema en discusion!!!

PD:Enrique his(its,her) desire they are like orders for my!!! Jajaja
Enrique sus deseo son como ordenes para mi!!! jajaja

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
B-108 Isla Bougainville (Lively Island)

This morning a serving FAA officer whom I have been corresponding with for a long time now, sent me this very interesting article published in volume 17 of the aviation magazine 'Wings'. It relates to the downing of B-108 on 14 June (GMT) 1982. The detail in this article has astounded me and one particular sentence has been of particular interest to me and my experiences after the conflict ended.

As always, HMS Exeter gets credited with being involved in this engagement.

I have marked something for your attention.

On another forum I participated (briefly) in a debate about the general circumstances surrounding the final moments of B-108. We debated whether B-108 was severed in two by Seadart and the possibility of some parts of the aircraft crashing on Isla Bougainville (Lively Island). In response to other participants I wrote:

"On my second deployment to the Malvinas in 1982 I went ashore on Isla Bougainville (Lively Island) and was shown part of an undercarriage that the locals said was from a downed Argentine Canberra. They told us the Canberra crashed with such force the earth shook noticeably. Can they be right about it being a Canberra? Did any other Argentine aircraft crash on Isla Bougainville (Lively Island)?"

"I think we deployed late December 1982. I really could not tell you what a Canberra undercarriage looks like therefore I didn't know what I was looking at back then.

Don't get too drawn in by the Isla Bougainville (Lively Island) thing. I have asked Malvinas Islanders via the SAMA82 site if they knew anyone still alive who lived on Isla Bougainville (Lively Island) in 1982 (Malvinas Islanders move around a bit) and if any are found could they ask them about a possible Canberra crash. I got nothing back that indicated anyone had any information about a Canberra crash on Isla Bougainville (Lively Island), also, one would expect to have seen a picture of the wreckage on the internet by now."

My question is simple:

Did I see the undercarriage of B-108 on Isla Bougainville (Lively Island) in 1982?

Also, In 2007 I was reading and article in 'FlyPast'...another aviation article. Once again, HMS Exeter is credited with downing B-108. Incensed by this inaccurate recording of history I enlisted the help of 'Creaking door' and sent them a letter. I share the results with you:

FlyPast article 2007:

My response 2007:

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Hi Ken

Ken did you have Naval Grounds witch would bring light on the Battlefield -
If so were they used , how long did they last ?

Regards Enrique

B-108 Isla Animado

Esta mañana un funcionario al servicio de la FAA que he sido con el correspondiente desde hace mucho tiempo, me envió este interesante artículo publicado en el volumen 17 de la revista de aviación 'Alas'. Se relaciona con el derribo de B-108 el 14 de junio (GMT) de 1982. El detalle en este artículo y me ha sorprendido una frase en particular ha sido de particular interés para mí y mis experiencias después de finalizado el conflicto.

Como siempre, el HMS Exeter se atribuye haber participado en este compromiso.

He marcado algo para su atención.

He marcado algo por su atención.

Item Marcados en la revista:
En otro foro he participado (brevemente) en un debate acerca de las circunstancias generales que rodean los momentos finales de la B-108. Debatimos si B-108 fue cortado en dos por Seadart y la posibilidad de que algunas partes de los aviones estrellarse en la Isla Animado. En respuesta a los demás participantes que escribí:

# 462
"En mi segundo despliegue en las Islas Malvinas en 1982 me fui a tierra en la isla Animado y se mostró parte de un tren de aterrizaje que los lugareños dicen que es del Canberra argentino derribado. Nos dijeron que el Canberra se estrelló con fuerza en la tierra, y que esta tembló notablemente. ¿Pueden tener razón acerca de que se trata de un Canberra y si cualquier otro accidente de avión en la Isla Animado "

# 466
"Creo que desplegó finales de diciembre de 1982. Realmente no podía decirle lo que un tren de aterrizaje del Canberra, por lo tanto, parece que no sabía lo que estaba viendo en ese entonces.

No se señala también en la Isla Animado por la cosa. He pedido a las Islas Malvinas a través del sitio SAMA82 nadie sabía si siguen vivos que vivían en la isla Animado en 1982 (habitantes de las Islas Malvinas moverse un poco) y si alguno se encuentran podrían preguntar acerca de un posible accidente de Canberra. No tengo nada indica de nuevo que nadie había ninguna información sobre un accidente en Canberra Animado Isla, también, uno esperaría haber visto una foto de los restos a través de Internet por ahora. "

Mi pregunta es simple:

Hice ver el tren de aterrizaje del B-108 en la isla en 1982 Animado?

Además, en 2007 y estaba leyendo el artículo en el 'FlyPast' ... otro artículo aviación. Una vez más, HMS Exeter se acreditan con derribo B-108. Indignado por esta grabación inexacta de la historia me reclutó la ayuda de 'creaking puerta y les envió una carta. Comparto con ustedes los resultados:

FlyPast artículo 2007:

My response 2007:

[/quote]

Hay parte que me mato para hacer una narracion coherente....pido que la arreglen...

Fer

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Ken did you have Naval Grounds witch would bring light on the Battlefield -
If so were they used , how long did they last ?

Regards Enrique

Enrique,

You must mean illumination rounds fired from our Vickers 4.5" gun. Before the Malvinas/Malvinas war I had never seen one fired. They are spectacular! and light up the sky for at least five minutes at a time.

I will look back at our ROP to see if I can find any dates for you...I know for a fact we fired at least 6 on the 6 June. But that's another story.

Regards my friend.

Ken.

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Ken

That is the info we were looking for Ken , there is a Report from Daniel , Engenier who told us that those lights lasted long time -
At Military Photos " Royal" says that Artillery Grounds or Mortar Grounds with iluminating devise atached to parachute would last a minute or two , that they should be Naval Grounds , the one you are describing now -

Tell us what went on the night of June 06 ?

Regards Enrique

Enrique,

You must mean illumination rounds fired from our Vickers 4.5" gun. Before the Malvinas/Malvinas war I had never seen one fired. They are spectacular! and light up the sky for at least five minutes at a time.

I will look back at our ROP to see if I can find any dates for you...I know for a fact we fired at least 6 on the 6 June. But that's another story.

Regards my friend.

Ken.

Usted debe hablar de la iluminación de nuestros disparos, armas de fuego Vickers 4.5 ". Antes de las Malvinas / Malvinas, la guerra nunca había visto unos disparos . Ellos son espectaculares! Y hasta el cielo (la luz)se ilumina durante al menos cinco minutos a la vez.

Voy a mirar atrás en nuestra RP para ver si puedo encontrar alguna fecha para usted ... yo sé de un hecho que se disparó por lo menos 6 en el 6 de junio. Pero esa es otra historia.

Saludos mi amigo.

Ken.