Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

para los foristas britanicos:
¿alguno sabe q paso realmente en el ataque al HMS Invencible?
por favor q algún mod lo traduzca

----

for British users:

Does anyone really know what happened in the attack on the HMS Invincible?

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
¿Ataque HMS Invincible? Pida por favor.

reydelcastillo

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
Colaborador
Hi Ken

How are you -

Give us the account you have on that day , may 30 , air attack on the south west perimeter of the Tasl Force , as far as what you were able to put together on the other forums Please -

Ships envolved -
Launches-
Timing -

Which ever type of info that can bring members a new perspective other than the one we in Argentina Suppose ay have happen - -

Thank's Ken -

---------- Post added at 04:51 ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 ----------

How are you -

Give us the account you have on that day , may 30 , air attack on the south west perimeter of the Tasl Force , as far as what you were able to put together on the other forums Please -

Ships envolved -
Launches-
Timing -

Which ever type of info that can bring members a new perspective other than the one we in Argentina Suppose may have happen - -

Thank's Ken -

----

¿Cómo estas?

Nos dan la cuenta que tiene en ese día, 30 de mayo, ataque aéreo en el sur oeste del perímetro de la Fuerza Tasl, en lo que respecta a lo que fueron capaces de poner juntos en los otros foros por favor --

Buques envolved --
Lanza -
Calendario --

¿Qué tipo de información cada vez que los miembros pueden aportar una nueva perspectiva distinta de la que ay en la Argentina Supongamos que suceda - --

Gracias Ken

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Oh God, where do we start with this one. Some of you guys think Invincible was hit that day. I have four children and can swear on their lives she was not hit.

I know you really want to believe Invincible was hit that day...but she was not.

----

Oh Dios, ¿por dónde empezar con esto?. Algunos de ustedes piensan Invencible fue alcanzado ese día. Tengo cuatro hijos y pueden jurar en sus vidas que no fue golpeado.

Sé que realmente quieren creer Invencible fue golpeado ese día ... pero ella no estaba.

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Hi Ken

I know that , so do many of the members , but others do not know because they never had the chance to listen to the other part of the story -

This is the great oportunity -

Star with time, ships , positions , what they see , how they react -

thanks - Enrique

---------- Post added at 04:57 ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 ----------

I know you really want to believe Invincible was hit that day...but she was not.[/QUOTE]

I know it was not hit -
But not the others -

----

Sé que, por lo que muchos de los miembros, pero otros no saben, porque nunca tuvo la oportunidad de escuchar a la otra parte de la historia

Esta es la gran oportunidad

Star con el tiempo, los barcos, posiciones, lo que ven, cómo reaccionar

Sé que realmente quieren creer Invencible fue golpeado ese día ... pero ella no estaba. [/ Quote]

Sé que no fue golpeado
Pero no los demás

---------- Post added at 05:16 ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 ----------

Very few members of this Forum have had the previlage of been able to talk and listen to the other side of the story related to HMS Invincible -
Those few members now know what has happen that day -
Most of the members have had no chance of reading the accounts of British veterans that day , that is why it's so important to be able to read your accounts on that day - For the first time in more than 25 years they will be able to talk and read you - You are the only member of the British Forces present that day on that particular event that they will ever meet -
Delya Whisky , Jimmy and many more members of the British Forces and British Historians , please bring the account to us -

Most of the members of this forum have heard for years one and only one account -
Give to them the oportunity of having your account -

Thanks Enrique

----

Muy pocos miembros de este foro han tenido el privilegio de hablar y escuchar a la otra cara de la historia relacionada con el HMS Invincible, --
Los miembros saben ahora lo que sucedio ese día --
La mayoría de los miembros no han tenido oportunidad de leer los relatos de los veteranos británicos de ese día, es por eso que es tan importante capaz leer sus relatos de ese día - Por primera vez en más de 25 años será capaz de hablar y leer - Usted es el único miembro de las fuerzas británicas en la actualidad ese día en particular, que caso de que nunca se cumplen --
Delya Whisky, Jimmy y muchos más miembros de las Fuerzas Británicas y británicos, los historiadores, por favor traiga la cuenta a nosotros --

La mayoría de los miembros de este foro hemos escuchado durante años una y sólo una historia
Ahora tienen la oportunidad de contar su historia

Gracias Enrique

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Mercantilnd/Jualbo/Oscar/ y tantos otros

Mecrantiland/Jualbo/Oscar and many others that have had the chance of talking to members of the British Task Force and now know what went on that day -
Help Ken ( Griffith 911) bring to us that part of the History -

Thank You Enrique -

----

Mecrantiland/Jualbo/Oscar y muchos otros que han tenido la oportunidad de hablar con los miembros de la Fuerza de Tareas británica, y saben lo que paso ese dia
Ayuden Ken (Griffith 911) para que nos cuenten su parte de la Historia --

Gracias Enrique --

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
I will help to explain. But now, I have to put the children to bed.

----

Voy a ayudar a explicar. Pero ahora tengo que poner a los niños a la cama.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
One of six Sea Darts fired by HMS Invincible at spurious echoes.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

HMS Cardiff gunners...they look very unhappy.

cosmiccomet74

Colaborador
Colaborador
From the Malvinas/Malvinas Air War book, it mentioned about five Sea Dart lunchs after the SUE attack over the Atlantic Conveyor.

Was it an over reaction??? The Sea Dart was not very good against low and fast tarjets.
Those were useless against the Capt Carballo and Liutenant Vazquez sections during the
HMS Coventry and HMS Broadsord.

From your very intersting post about the lunching of two Sea Dart against an B707,
the SD couldn't be lunch at more than 40 NM and the EXOCETs were lunched at around 20 NM and at not more than 1000 ft or less.
So the two Super Etendard were after the Atlantic Conveyor impact at least 30 NM from the battle group and very low level.

Anyway, in your position I would lunch those missiles in the same way.

----

Del libro aereo del Malvinas/Malvinas, mencionó el lanzamiento de 5 Sea Dart después del ataque de los SUE sobre el Atlantic Conveyor.

¿Fue una exageracion? Los Sea Dart no eran muy buenos contra objetivos rapidos y a baja altitud.
Estos eran inútiles contra el Capitán Carballo y Tenientte Vázquez durante el
HMS Coventry y HMS Broadsord.

De su muy interesante post acerca de dos lanzamientos de Sea Dart contra un B707,
El SD no pudo ser lanzado a más de 40 NM y el EXOCETs fue lanzado desde alrededor de 20 nm y no más de 1000 pies mas o menos.
Así que los dos Super Etendard fueron después del impacto en el Atlantic Conveyor al menos 30 NM desde el grupo de batalla y a muy bajo nivel.

De todos modos, su version sobre el lanzamiento de los misiles es de la misma manera.

B

bullrock

hello,
how did you all feel in the ships?

----

hola,
¿cómo se sintieron en los barcos?

-Un saludo a todos

-Aquí les dejo unas fotos de un grupo de pilotos de la FAA que
participaron de la Guerra de Malvinas como dotación del Grupo 6
de Caza volando los IAI Dagger, 25 años despues

----

-Greetings to all

-Here are some pictures I let a group of pilots that the FAA
participated in the Malvinas War as a strength of the Group 6
Hunting flying the IAI Dagger, 25 years later

(de Izquierda a Derecha) Brigadier(R) Gustavo Piuma Justo, Comodoro(R)
Jorge Senn, Comodoro(R) Luis Puga, Brigadier General(R) Guillermo Donadille
Comodoro(R) Jorge Diaz, todos ellos tienen el presente dado por la
compañia Martin Baker por haber utilizado con exito el asiento eyectable

----
all have this given by the Martin Baker company for having successfully
used the ejection seat

(de Izquierda a Derecha) Comodoro: Gustavo Aguirre Faget,
Brigadier: Mario Callejos, Brigadier(R) Ruben Dimeglio,
Comodoro(R) Cesar Roman

Saludosss/Greetingsss:cool:

Thanks to all for the information on Flt. Lt. Glover and the Blowpipe incident. Very interesting reading, especially the memories of his good treatment as a prisoner and the conversations. The photos are also superb - many thanks. Most interesting for me is the information on Sgt. Martinez,

I spoke to my mother today and after talking to her, realised I had the surname wrong - I was referring to Sergio Fernandez, not Martinez. Please excuse this mistake!

----

He hablado con mi madre hoy y desdpues de hacerlo me di cuenta que tenia el apellido equivocado - Me estaba refiriendo a Sergio Fernandez, no Martinez. Disculpen el error!

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

[/COLOR]
Hi all, i am a British member, i served with 3 Para during the conflict, and was was wounded on Mount Longdon, thank you all for accepting me on the forum :cheers2: jimmy

----

Hola a todos, soy un miembro británico, servi a los para 3 durante el conflicto, y fue herido en el Monte Longdon, gracias a todos por aceptarme en el foro :cheers2: jimmy

Hello Jimmy,

I was wondering, during your time with 3 Para during the campaign, if you remembered an incident where (it was believed) Argentine Canberras bombed positions near 3 Para, causing vibrations to be felt, but no injuries occurred. I read this in Graham Colbeck's book, 'With 3 Para to the Malvinas' but don't have it to hand for the exact date. If you do, I'd be interested to know what your recollections of that incident were, and also, if you remember a Private Steele of 2 Para, getting superficial injuries from a similar attack (beg pardon if 2 Para and 3 Para news was not widely circulated at the time).

Kind regards,

Steve

----

Hola Jimmy,

Estaba pensando, durante el tiempo que pasaste en el 3 Para, si te acordas de un incicdente en donde (asi se piensa) Camberrras argentinos bombardearon posiciones cercanas al 3 Para, causando vibraciones, pero no heridas. Lei esto en el libro de Graham Colbeck: "Con el 3 Para a las Malvinas" pero no tengo a mano la fecha exacta. Si la tenes, estaria interesado en saber tus recuerdos del incidente y ,tambien, si te acordas de un "Private Steele" del 2 Para, que tuvo heridas superficiales de aquel ataque (perdon si las noticias de los 2 Para y 3 Para no circulaban muco en ese momento).

Saudos,

Steve

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Mecrantiland/Jualbo/Oscar and many others that have had the chance of talking to members of the British Task Force and now know what went on that day -
Help Ken ( Griffith 911) bring to us that part of the History -

Thank You Enrique -

----

Mecrantiland/Jualbo/Oscar y muchos otros que han tenido la oportunidad de hablar con los miembros de la Fuerza de Tareas británica, y saben lo que paso ese dia
Ayuden Ken (Griffith 911) para que nos cuenten su parte de la Historia --

Gracias Enrique --

I remember this day well. I was off-watch when action stations was sounded so I went to my off-watch station (spare personnel, Junior rates dinning hall). I stayed there for a while but ended up being the only one left and got scared so I went to the Operations Room. I stood behind George Foster (TI Operator) and watched the attack on radar. We saw the exocet on radar (19nm...I think) and all hell broke loose. Exeter was firing Seadarts which became visible to our gun crews on the upper deck. A young Sub Lieutenant screamed on the intercom "Alarm Missile........" so all the gunners started to fire at flashes on the horizon that was Exeter's Seadarts that were arching towards the Skyhawks (miles away and well out of range of us). After a few moments of totally confusing action which included our radar operators trying to 'lock-up' the exocet and Skyhawks and the gunners firing small arms wildly at flashes on the distant horizon they were told was an incomming exocet. Eventually the captain asked the young officer for a visual update and got the reply "Sir, I don't know what the f*****g hell is going on!". The Captain was very calm and his eyes were 'smiling'. We never did have any chance of engaging any of the inbound aircraft or missile and did not even get our 909 radars on to any targets. It was all over in a very very quickly and I wish I had stayed in the dinning hall.

Argentine view of how it went.:

----

Recuerdo ese dia muy bien. Estaba libre de guardia cuando la alerta sono y por eso fui a mi estacion libre de guardia (personal de reemplazo, el comedor de oficiales Junior?). Estuve un poco por ahi pero termine siendo el unico que quedaba y me asuste, enonces me dirigi al Cuarto de Operaciones. Me pare detras de Gorge Foster (Operador de TI) y mire el ataque en el radar.
Vimos el Exocet en el radar (19nm... creo) y ahi se desato el infierno. El Exeter disparaba Sea Darts, que eran visibles a nuetra tripulacion de artilleros en la cubierta superior. Un joven subteneiente grito en el intercomunicador "Alerta de misil" y todos los artilleros empezaron a disparar a los flashes en el horizonte, que eran los Sea Darts del Exeter convergiendo hacia los Skyhawks (a millas de distancia y bien fuera de nuestro alcance). Despues de unos momentos de total confusion, que incluyeron a nuestros operadores de radar tratando de "Lock Up"el Exocet y los Skyhawks y a los artilleros disparando armas de mano salvajemente a los flashes en el horizonte (porque les habian avisado de un Exocet que se aproximaba).
Eventualmente el Capitan le pidio a un joven oficial que le diera un informe visual de la situacion y obtuvo esta respuesta: "Senior, no se que carajo esta pasando". El Capitan estaba muy calmado y sus ojos estaban "sonriendo".
Nunca tuvimos ninguna chance de interceptar a los aviones o al misil y nisiquiera usar nuestros radares 909 en ningun blanco. Termino todo muy rapidamente y me hubiera gustado quedarme en el comerdor.

La vision argentina de como paso:

Cardiff gunners after action:

Photo of Mr. Jukic. His son Daniel Antonio Jukic lost his life in Pucara IA-58 (A-527") on 01. may 1982. on Goose Greene field during Sea Harrier attack. Daniel is buried on Darwin cemetary

----

Foto del Sr. Jukic. Su hijo Daniel Antonio Jukic perdió la vida en Pucará IA-58 (A-527 ") en 01. Mayo de 1982. Goose Greene en campo durante un ataque de Sea Harrier . Daniel es enterrado en el cementerio de Darwin

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
hello,
how did you all feel in the ships?

----

hola,
¿cómo se sintieron en los barcos?

I can only speak about my ship HMS Cardiff. We were very determined and confident in our abilities. At times we were surprised at the determination of the FAA pilots and we respected them greatly. Some of the older men acted differently to the young in combat. My Anti Air Warfare Officer (AAWO) would shout and be very irritated at times and I remember one occasion that made me worry for my future. We had missed with Seadart and the captain turned to the AAWO and shouted "They are no F*****g good are they!" He was referring to our primary weapon and that one moment frightened me more than any other time during the conflict.

There were some very funny moments also. One afternoon we were watching a movie about the battle of Midway, we were all totally engrossed with this WWII film and just as the Kamikaze were attacking the FAA turned up and action stations claxon went off. We jumped about like crazy men and all tried to scramble up the ladder in one big group. Someone slipped and we all fell back down the ladder and ended up in a heap on the floor all laughing our heads off. Another strange experience for me that worried me was the coincidental fact that every time I ran to my action stations I passed the priest on his way to ship's hospital. He had a big black cross on his brilliant white anti flash hood and he would stare at me with wild frightened eyes as he dashed past. Used to scare the hell out of me.

We were all shocked when the end of the war came. Mentally, we were prepared to fight for longer and when the end came it took us all ages to get our minds to accept it was all over and we had survived.

----

Sólo puedo hablar de mi nave HMS Cardiff. Estamos muy decididos y confiados en nuestras habilidades. A veces nos sorprendió en la determinación de la FAA y los pilotos nos respetaban mucho. Algunos de los hombres mayores actuado de forma diferente a los jóvenes en el combate. Mi lucha contra la guerra aérea oficial (AAWO) que gritar y ser muy irritada a veces y recuerdo una ocasión que me preocupe por mi futuro. Habíamos perdido con Seadart y el capitán se dirigió a la AAWO y gritaban "No son buenas F ***** g que son!" Se refería a nuestra principal arma y un momento que me asustó más que cualquier otro momento durante el conflicto.

Hubo algunos momentos muy divertidos también. Una tarde fuimos a ver una película sobre la batalla de Midway, todos éramos totalmente absorto con esta película de la Segunda Guerra Mundial y al igual que la atacaban Kamikaze apareció la FAA y la acción de claxon salió. Nos saltó como un loco sobre el hombre y la lucha a todos los juzgados de la escalera en un gran grupo. Alguien deslizó y todos cayeron en la escalera trasera y terminó en un montón en el suelo todos riendo frente a nuestras cabezas. Otra extraña experiencia para mí que me preocupó fue el hecho casual que cada vez que me encontré a mi acción de pasé el sacerdote en su camino a la tripulación del buque hospital. Tenía una gran cruz en su negro brillante flash anti capucha blanca y él me mire con ojos asustados silvestres como escribía pasado. Se usa para asustar *********** de mí.

Se nos conmocionó a todos cuando el final de la guerra. Mentalmente, estamos dispuestos a luchar por más tiempo y cuando llegó el final que nos llevó todas las edades para obtener nuestras mentes para aceptar que era todo y que había sobrevivido.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Report of proceedings

I managed to get a copy of HMS Cardiff's Report Of Proceedings. This document was compiled immediatly after the end of hostilities in the South Atlantic. I wish we could get to read one of these from each ship involved.

I hope it will assist you in some way.

----

Me las arreglé para conseguir una copia del reporte de procedimientos HMS Cardiff. Este documento se elaboró inmediatamente después del final de las hostilidades en el Atlántico Sur. Ojalá pudiéramos llegar a leer uno de estos por cada buque involucrado.

Espero que le ayude de alguna manera.

Procer

Colaborador
Ken.. a pleasure reading your reports, is really good to have a direct version about this dark incident (the Invincible attack)
(not even darker is the Elvis photo you posted..hahahaah)
We really have reports about that attakc that "someone said", "someone is almost sure".
that, in a really strange mix with some hopeful thoughts about damaging one of HM main
ships is a dangerous result.

Español: Ken: un placer leer tus informes, es realmente bueno tener una version directa sobre este oscuro incidente (el ataque al Invincible) (que no es menos oscuro que la foto de Elvis que posteaste..jajaja) Realmente tenemos informes sobre que "alguien dijo" o "alguien està completamente seguro", eso, es un mix extraño de pensamientos de fè acerca de haber efectivamente dañado a uno de los buques principales de Su Majestad, es un resultado peligroso.

Griffiths911

British War Veteran
Picket duty

Able Seaman (gunner) 'Spike' Hughes,HMS cardiff on duty 1982:

---------- Post added at 12:39 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

British sailors, my shipmates (brothers) HMS Cardiff February 1982. Joe (the bearded sailor) sat next to me and the AAWO throughout the war. We would tease the AAWO by passing sweets to each other under the tactical display. The AAWO was such a miserable man. We loved to annoy him.

Hello from Navaleye on PPRuNe. I have enjoyed reading the posts on this thread and hope to be able to contribute.

----

Hola desde Navaleye en PPRuNe. He disfrutado leyendo este post y espero ser capaz de contribuir