Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas

Jualbo

Colaborador
Hola a todos y bienvenidos nuestros invitados de keypublishing, pprune y military photos forums.

Sobre el derribo de Glover, añadiría que más tarde esa mañana, la misma sección antiaérea de la Cª 601 estuvo a punto de derribar un segundo avión. De nuevo un Blowpipe explotó cerca de su cola, dañando el TACAN y dejando al pilotos sin comunicaciones. Era el Sea Harrier de Steve Thomas que acababa de derribar a Donaidille y Senn, que estuvieron cerca de ser vengados.
Saludos

Hello everybody and welcome all our invited from keypublishing, pprune and military photos forums.
About Glover´s shot down I would add that later in the morning, the same antiair section from 601 Company (Special forces) was close to shot down a second plane. A Blowpipe again, exploded close to its tail, damaging the TACAN receiver and leaving the pilot uncommunicated. It was Steve Thomas Sea Harrier, that has had just downed Donadille and Senn, who were near to be revenged.
Regards

Eagle_

Colaborador
Colaborador
Excelente avance para la comunicación con foristas británicos, felicito al staff por la iniciativa.

---

Excelent advance for the communication with British members, congratulations to the staff for the idea.

Jorge58

Veterano Guerra de Malvinas
[/COLOR]
Hi jorge, did you belong to the 7th, they fought well, as you know we took many casualties that night, our reconnaissance platoons did a good job, reconnoitring Mount Longdon, but nothing is ever perfect, and the best plans once the encounter battle, it all goes crazy, and people tend to improvise, how are you, were you taken prisoner or wounded,,bye for now jimmy

Jimmy : As Enrique told you , I was taken prisoner and went there with GA3 Field Aritllery , Bat. C . located near Mody Broock , the previous Royal Marines location . We did fire to yours positions that night.
Actually I am very well , living in Mexico and retired from the army many years ago.
Bye for now .

----

Jimmy: Como ya te dijo Enrique, me llevaron preso y fue allí con AG3 Campo Aritllery, Bat. C. situado cerca de Mody Broock, la Royal Marines ubicación anterior. Hicimos fuego a sus posiciones esa noche.
Realmente me siento muy bien, viviendo en Mexico y retirado del ejercito hace bastantes años

Adiós por ahora.

Hola estoy muy contento de estar en este foro, muchas gracias por invitarme, ya que este tema me toco de cerca. Estube en prefectura en la escuela martin jacobo thomsom de zarate 83 luego realice el sercicio militar 84 (por desicion propia) en la prefectura agrupacion arlbatros en olivos/ puerto bs as. Les aclaro no soy militar ni segui ninguna carrera solo que me siento muy patriota y jamas olvidare mi paso por prefectura su participacion en las islas y a todos nuestros heroes caidos, y a los que volvieron en defenza de la patria. Mi mas sincero respeto a los excombatientes Argentinos
muchas gracias

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 ----------

imprecionante relato muyy bueno

----

Hello I am very happy to be here, thank you very much for inviting me, as I touched this subject closely. I was in prefecture in the James Martin School of Thomsom zarate 83 then perform sercicio the military 84 (decision by itself) in the prefecture in olive AGRUPACION arlbatros / bs as port. I'm not military or clarify any race track just that I feel very patriotic and will never forget my time in the prefecture participation in the islands and all our fallen heroes and those who returned in defense of the homeland. My sincere respect for veterans Argentinos
thank you very much

amazing story, very good
thank you very much

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Rsmafull

Welcome to the Forum

Bienvenido al Foro

Gabotof/Cosmicomet/Jualbo could you please by PM show Naveleye at PPrune how to log in - He has troubles , and I don't know how to put the link -
No one has explain that to me or has it been explain ? - He is at PPrune waiting for a PM -

Thank You

----

Gabotof / Cosmicomet / Jualbo ¿podrían navegar por Naveleye PM y explicar en PPrune como loguearse? - Él tiene problemas, y no sé cómo poner el enlace --
Nadie tiene que explicar a mí o se trata de explicar? - Él está en espera de una PPrune PM -

This is a great idea! I hope mi poor english let me follow the opinion of the experts.

Me parece una muy buena idea este topic, espero que mi pobre ingles me deje poder ir siguiendo los aportes de los que saben.

Gracias a todos por el informacion de Flt. Lt. Glover y el incidente de Blowpipe. Fue muy interesante, especialmente el buen tratamiento y las conversaciones. Las fotos también son magníficas - muchas gracias. Más interesante para mí es la información sobre 1 Ten. Fernandez. De lo que recuerdo, creo que sintió la necesidad de contacto de Glover a poner su mente en reposo, en cierta medida, por lo que pasó. Era un hombre muy amable, y recuerdo que había una excelente colección de modelos en miniatura de metal en su casa. Su hijo, también llamado Steven (Esteban) y llegamos bien, aunque no pudimos comunicar muy bien! Una vez más, pido si alguien conoce sus datos de contacto, me encantaría entrar en contacto de nuevo.

Yo leí que Teniente Glover recientemente vendió su medallas, no por razones políticas, y ahora vive en Peterborough, cerca de mi casa viejo, en St. Ives, Cambridgeshire.

Saludos a todos,

Steve

---------

Thanks to all for the information on Flt. Lt. Glover and the Blowpipe incident. Very interesting reading, especially the memories of his good treatment as a prisoner and the conversations. The photos are also superb - many thanks. Most interesting for me is the information on 1st Lt. Fernandez. From what I remember, I think he felt the need contact Glover to kind of put his mind at rest to some extent for what happened. He was a very kind man, and I remember he had an excellent collection of metal miniature models in his home. His son, was also named Steven (Esteban) and we got on well, even if we couldn't communicate too well! So again, I ask if anyone knows his contact details, I'd love to get in contact again. **UPDATE, I have since found these.

I did read that Flt. Lt. Glover recently sold his medals, not for political reasons, and now lives in Peterborough, which is near my old home in St. Ives, Cambridgeshire.

Regards to all,

Steve

bagre

2º inspector de sentina
welcome to the forum
former circumstantial enemies
i'm a comm diver, an he had marine and military friends involved on war, and my army leave me on land for few hrs (old history) my interest is about rn sbs ops and rn salvage divers and crew during ops.
kind regards
bagre (catfish kind)

bienvenidos al foro
antiguos circunstanciales enemigos
soy buzo profesional, y tengo amigos que han estado en la guerra como marinos y militares, mi ejecito me dejo en tierra por pocas horas (vieja historia) mi interes se centra en las operaciones de los sbs de la rn y las operaciones de salvamento de los buqes de la rn por buzos y tripulación.
saludos
bagre

I need information about Gurkan who fought in Malvinas.

Thank You

---------

Necesito informacion sobre los gurkas que pelearon en malvinas.

Gracias

Eagle_

Colaborador
Colaborador
Qué tipo de información, Semper Fi?

What kind of information, Semper Fi?

tanoarg

Miembro del Staff
Moderador
si tuvieron un solo muerto.

about if they`ve had only one death.

un abrazo

one "arm arround"

reydelcastillo

Colaborador
Gabotof

Could you get in touch with Iconoclasta ( Our Moderator ) , Mr Pdf27 ( Senior Moderator at Word War 2 in color ( British Forum ) has reach me by MP , he is interested in some kind of partner with us as far as stablishing a link -
Partners Link or something like that - in between the Forums -
Pdf27 will be waitting for Iconoclaust via MP at ww2incolor -
Thank You

---------- Post added at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 ----------

Spanish : Gabotof si podes contactarte con Iconoclasta ( nuestro Moderador) porque Pdf27 Moderador de l Foro World War 2 in Color ( British Forum ) esta interesado en establecer un link con nosotros -
El va a estar esperando por Iconoclaustra por MP en el otro foro -
Partner Link o algo asi
Gracias

Jorge58

Jimmy ...

Jimmy : Thanks for your explanation about Mount Longdon combats but I wish more details …, you told us about many casualties in your side and the question is : From where or what ¿ Infantry fire ¿ Artillery fire ,etc .
Were you surprised by that , Did you wait this kind of resistance ? ( less or more ?) .
Regards

Español : Gracias por tu explicacion acerca de los combates por Monte Longdon pero desearia mas detalles , tu nos comentaste acerca de muchas bajas de tu lado y la pregunta es : Desde donde o por que ? fuego de infanteria , fuego de artilleria ? Fueron Uds. sorprendidos por esto ? Esperaban este tipo de resistencia ? ( menor o mayor ?)
Saludos

Iconoclasta

Colaborador
Could you get in touch with Iconoclasta ( Our Moderator ) , Mr Pdf27 ( Senior Moderator at Word War 2 in color ( British Forum ) has reach me by MP , he is interested in some kind of partner with us as far as stablishing a link -
Partners Link or something like that - in between the Forums -
Pdf27 will be waitting for Iconoclaust via MP at ww2incolor -
Thank You

---------- Post added at 02:23 ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 ----------

Spanish : Gabotof si podes contactarte con Iconoclasta ( nuestro Moderador) porque Pdf27 Moderador de l Foro World War 2 in Color ( British Forum ) esta interesado en establecer un link con nosotros -
El va a estar esperando por Iconoclaustra por MP en el otro foro -
Partner Link o algo asi
Gracias

Ya me puse en contacto con el, gracias

----

Done

Por favor si alguien puede traducirlo

Quisiera saber si los británicos sabían la posición de la flota argentina el 1 de mayo ya que se iba a efectuar un ataque aeronaval por parte del 25 de mayo.

Desde ya mucha gracias

----

Please if someone can translate it

I wonder if the British knew the position of the Argentine fleet on May 1 as it was to carry out an attack aircraft from May 25.

thank you very much

http://www.zona-militar.com/foros/showthread.php?t=14833
<HR style="COLOR: #a9d4e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a9d4e5" SIZE=1>
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Posteado por Eternauta

I need information about Gurkan who fought in Malvinas.

Thank You

---------

Necesito informacion sobre los gurkas que pelearon en malvinas.

Gracias

Qué tipo de información, Semper Fi?

What kind of information, Semper Fi?

si tuvieron un solo muerto.

about if they`ve had only one death.

un abrazo

one "arm arround"

As far as I know, the Gurkhas had no combat deaths in the Malvinas Conflict, their only fatality happened after the surrender when a Gurkha soldier - L/Cpl Budhaparsad Limbu - was killed by an Argentine grenade explosion whilst clearing a trench. This was not during combat, the trench had been perviously vacated and the grenade was either buried or left as a booby-trap.

I will try and find further details, what I have said above is purely from memory.

----

Por lo que sé, no tenían la gurkhas muertes en combate en Malvinas. La única víctima mortal ocurrió después de la entrega cuando un soldado gurkhas - L / Cabo Budhaparsad Limbu - fue asesinado por una granada Argentina mientras limpiaba la trincher. Esto no fue en combate, la trinchera previamente había sido anulado y la granada quedo enterrado o quedo como caza bobos

Voy a tratar de encontrar más detalles, lo que he dicho anteriormente es puramente de la memoria.

preloader

Colaborador
Proximamente el tema Malvinas War/ Guerra de Malvinas pasara a ser un sub foro.

Soon the subject Malvinas War/Guerra de Malvinas would pass to be sub forum.

Preloader

rsmafull, nazcasteve, Robdw, jimmytx3, Griffiths911 ...etc

¡Qué buena sección (severamente sin política) para llegar a conocer el otro lado “del infierno” ( Vincent Bramley: “Los Dos Lados del Infierno”), qué inicitiva provechosa!

Los amigos argentinos ya saben (al menos unos seguramente) mi opinión en el debate de las Malvinas-Malvinas, creo que no tengo que hacerles protestas de mi amistad sincera y aprecio!

Por eso espero que podría dar la bienvenida – aunque yo soy un “invitado” también – a los veteranos ingléses de guerra y a los interesados británicos... Muchachos, WELCOME ON THE BOARD!!!

Como historiador (estudiante) son para mí las vivencias de los soldados argentinos tan importantes como las de los británicos, quiero decir, el conocimiento de las experiencias de los dos lados hacen posible la “complexidad” de cualquier conflicto. También no es despreciable la posibilidad del encuentro virtual de los combatientes argentinos/británicos.

Un fuerte abrazo de Europa!
Gabo, NiG

What a great section for getting to know the other site “of hell” (Vincent Bramley: Two sides of hell), what a nice iniciation!!

The argentine friends already know (at least some of them) my opinion about the theme Malvinas-Malvinas. I think I don’t have to prove my sincere friendship and appreciation. Because of that I think I coned welcome – altrough I’m a guest here as well – the English veterans of war and those interested … Guys, “Welcome on the board!!!”

Being a military historian (student) are experiences of argentine soldiers as important to me as these of Britons. What I’m trying to say is, knowing more about the experiences of both sides makes understand of any mind conflicts in a complex way. And of course I appreciate the possibility of virtual meetings of argentine and british soldiers.

A hug from Central-Europe!
Gabriel Orban, NiG

Pregunta

En este post solo se tratara el desarrollo del conflicto o tambien se hablara sobre los derechos Argentinos sobres las Islas Malvinas???

Me gustaria saberlo, ya que quisiera hacer una pregunta al respecto!

Desde ya muchas gracias...

Saludos!!! :cheers2:

Fer:sifone:

PD: para no usar un traductor online me gustaria que alguien me lo tradujera, nuevamente gracias!

----

This post is just the conflict or even be talking about the Argentine rights to the Malvinas?

I would like to know because I have a question about it!

From already thank you very much ...